Monday, June 29, 2009

A Bad Time To Be A Celebrity

The deaths keep rolling on. Within the past 30 days, the "entertainment" industry has now lost five people. This started with David Carradine (so Bill was finally killed ) Then Ed McMahon passed followed by the double-day deaths of Farah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. And then, yesterday, pitchmeister Billy Maze also was found dead. I think I'm suddenly glad to be a relatively unknown woman living in the Midwest of America.

Over the weekend my kiln was busy working for me. I will pull out the last of my copper clay charms this morning and stick everything into the kiln. Then, on Wednesday, I can begin the enameling phase.
And I also had the cable guy over on Sunday morning to hook up one TV that I forgot about when I had my internet service cared for 1-1/2 weeks ago. I never watch the TV in the den - it's a room that I have my sewing materials in, but when I'm using those I usually am not listening/watching the TV. My DH uses that TV though when he's on the treadmill and he was not happy that the cable was off. Now he can be happy again. Then we had a lovely dinner and purchased a few items at our local Barnes & Noble. And, since the weekend was so nice, I'm SO set for a smooth and creative week. A good thing since I need to have the charms finished by the end of the week.

No comments: