Saturday, December 6, 2008

Saturday - In Love with Vessels

Although I am not a fan of altered art, I check out the blog of Daily Art Muse every morning (one of several blogs that I check out every day). Every once in a while she comes up with a wonderful link or view and she had a winner yesterday.
Melissa Manley is an artist working with copper, enamel and electroforming techniques. These are techniques that I do a lot of work with, and I fell in love with her vessels. Just amazing vision, and if you want a bit more of an idea of what goes into the construction of her vessels, she has a wonderful step-by-step on how she created her most recent prize-winning vessel. Check out the step-by-step here.
In the meanwhile, I have been working on the next step for my DH's holiday gift. I may end up gifting the skull and the side medallions separately and let him decide if he wants to have them combined into a single piece or if he would prefer to have them made into two separate pieces. I need to scribe the silverwork and get that sawn out, corrugate the copper, and test out the gold pen that I have so that I can put the runes on the top of the enameled disks. It might work out very wonderfully, but I'm also running out of time :-)) I might have to actually do some shopping too, but I can decide that at the last possible minute.

No comments: