Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Goals - An Outing


What is it about personal goals that makes it so hard to express them outside of one's own head? Is it fear of ridicule? Fear of not being able to live up to personal goals and personal expectations? Fear of failure? Whatever the cause, whether it is the perception of selfishness or the expectations of failure, goals are something that should be set, reviewed and revised periodically.



My personal goals are focusing more and more around my crafting and my artwork. The perception of this for my partner is that I am selfish and don't share goals with him any more. I feel that I am growing my wings and that I have to be somewhat selfish to be happy but that he is still very much a part of my life. Basically, I am looking at a possible life after work, he looks at work as his life. Differences in goals. But as the economy continues to tank, the future requires evaluation by everyone, myself included. All that I know is that I want to be happy and my craft/art allows me to be that even if some individual pieces still seem to be more of a learning process than a success.

Do you have goals for your life? Are you willing to set specific dates, events, times, etc and pin those onto them? If you are, then you are one step closer to success in achieving them. If not, why not? Maybe it's time to evaluate/re-evalute your personal goals...


No comments: