Wednesday, October 22, 2008

We Have a Winner!


The announcement came through yesterday. The 2008 North American Design Contest results were announced. I did not enter a piece (or more than a piece), but I have seen the work of many of these artists and there are some very talented people who won. Carol Babinau won for this lovely piece entitled "Dancing Flower Sculpture" using silver clay and enamel. She also won two other awards. For a complete listing along with photos, visit Art Clay World (just follow the link to get directly to the contest page). Congratulations to all of the winners!!
Today is a studio day. I have a TON of stuff that I need to get done today. I'll start out on the bench - got some important soldering done yesterday and have to do a match on the other component today. Hope things go well - sometimes soldering is my friend, other times it completely ruins my project. I keep working on it - I'll never get good without practice - but sometime I want to get a better torch. I have a feeling that would make a huge difference. I'd better make a list of the things I need to get done today or I'll end up forgetting something and have to postpone things for another week.
Have a fantastic day!!!

No comments: