Monday, October 14, 2024

Sunday Was a Bit of a Wasted Day

DH and I wasted a few hours on Sunday afternoon looking for a sound bar for the new TV in the computer room. We have a limited height we can work with - it needs to fit into a cubby. There's also a limited length. Put the two together, and we're eliminated 90% of the soundbars that are out there. Then, finding one that worked, and figuring out if we could actually connect it to the TV (which doesn't have the proper port) was ... well, let's call it an exercise of several hours of futility. We ended up going to Best Buy for almost two hours, and then to Target for another 30 minutes before resorting to looking through on-line offerings. I'm leaving it all up to him. I wash my hands of this one. 




DH wants a soundbar for the computer room TV. He 
finds that it doesn't have enough volume. Of course, 
I think it's just fine, but he's quite deaf. He gets 
very upset when I point that out to him, however. 
He really should see his audiologist for another 
hearing test and maybe some of the ultra-small 
ear buds they have these days. But that's an 
argument I won't win. 



Between football and hockey, the rest of our day was bookended with sports on the TV, something I enjoy a great deal. I had been in touch with my salesperson for the treadmill about additional virtual tracks I could do on the equipment (two options get boring VERY quickly). DH won't care at all about the virtual tracks, he just huffs and runs. I, on the other hand, do fast walking, and having scenery to look at makes things a LOT less boring. After she got back to me with a 12-month free menbership to the Treo app (already installed on the tread), I dove into that yesterday afternoon to get my password entered and see what they had. 




The treadmill has the Treo Wellmess app already 
installed on it, and my salesperson, Elizabeth, told 
me that I get one year at no charge through the purchase. 
She provided me with all the log-in information I 
needed so I got that all done yesterday afternoon, and 
started using some of the other virtual reality scenes 
today. I used a bike one today, but there's no reason 
I can't run to the same scenery as biking through it. 



Although there are a limited number of options for running/walking, I can easily use the biking or elliptical virtual scenery just as well, so today I chose the Chilean Andes from my choices, and lost myself in 30+ minutes of stunning beauty. I don't get the altitude changes that I would on a hiking module, but I set a hard pace and just enjoyed the scenery (and the llamas jumping off the roadway). It was great. I had my earbuds plugged in to my favorite Sirius channel on my phone, and I was good to go. So, my posts on Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays will be a bit truncated, because I'm running those days. I actually have more time to post on my swimming days than my running ones. LOL




I live to write another day. "whew!" Thank You 
to everyone who voted for me. Every vote was 
important and meant the world to me. I love 
this competition. 



And ... I live to write another day. Two wonderful writers were eliminated in this latest installment, and although again I was near the bottom, I managed to survive. I'm looking forward to this next theme and I'll have to remember to print it out so that I can think about it a little bit. I send out a huge THANK YOU to all of you who voted for me. I was in the bottom five, but fortunately, not in the bottom two. So ... have a fabulous Monday. Mine will start out VERY busy with a quick run to the bank and then picking up merchandise bags for the shop. I'll be back tomorrow. Slava Ukraini. 



No comments: