Saturday, April 13, 2024

Sigh ... Just Sigh - Goals Placed, But Many Unfulfilled

I started the day out knowing that I needed to make the week's portions of Ogre Juice" (accomplished) and maybe some baked fruit since I was eating the last container of the previous batch for breakfast. That also got accomplished. I also made the next batch of my Bar-B-Que sauce, and cut up another pineapple because they were so beautifully ripe at the store. I even added some pineapple to my roasted pears. I think that will be absolutely fabulous. I still have plenty of uncooked pineapple pieces for munching. So, work in the kitchen was successful. 




It seemed to me that my roasted pears would be lovely 
with pineapple added. I didn't want to add a lot, but 
in every container of pears are several pieces of 
pineapple. I'm already looking forward to my breakfast 
fruit! 



After the kitchen work was completed, I started searching for my other set of AfterShokx headphones. I had given my old set to DH, who tried them for a short time and declared they weren't for him. But ... he never actually gave them back to me, and the only box I had was empty. *sigh* I couldn't locate them at all, and I NEED these for my swim days. REI - a local sporting goods shop near my home - carries the Aftershokx brand, but they didn't have the "Open Water" one in stock. Apparently they had one on-line, but I passed on ordering it and went home to check their website instead. 




I know I have another set of AfterShokz "Open Water" 
headphones in this house, but after "lending" them to 
DH, I haven't seen them since. No problem ... I just 
ordered a new set. I use these when I swim, and I really 
don't want to be without them. 



I ended up purchasing a new set from AfterShokx directly, paying a LOT extra for expedited shipping. I should have them early next week. Of course, they'll still need to be powered up, so I'll be plugging them in as soon as I get the package. Then I'll download the book I've been listening to and I'll let it play, ignoring it for hours. I was in the final few chapters of the book when the headphones died, and it's not such an entrancing book that I need to listen to the first three-quarters again. So ...  it'll be a bit of prep work to get myself back on track for the pool. I might have everything ready to go for Tuesday, but it's more likely that I'll be really bored once again, stuck with my own thoughts (NOT relaxing into the stroke patterns at all). Still, I'll have sound again soon. 




Yesterday, my phone was showing the correct screen 
to control the phone (an issue I've had in the past), but 
it was just too windy for the little squirt to get anywhere 
safely. I finally gave up, after making sure the new 
batteries had charged up properly. I'll take it to the shop 
today and maybe try flying above my beams. I'm sure 
I'll be appalled by the dust on them, but they are "I"
beams that are 12 feet above the store flooring. . 



I also had hoped to take the drone outside for some more practice. I ordered two additional batteries from the manufacturer earlier, and they were charged up and ready to go. But it turned out to be too windy - very gusty. I was once again having some software problems too, which really need to be resolved. I'm being very daring (or stupid) and taking the drone with me to the shop today. I have 12-foot ceilings there, and it might be a good place to practice without any breeze. It's a very small thing and quite lightweight, so I don't think it's going to be damaging, even if it crashes. 




Life is a balance beam and we all fall off every now and 
again. The key is to get back up and try again, because 
the alternative isn't worth doing. We need to accomplish 
something - need to improve our balance between the 
stresses that hit us every day from every direction. May 
your day today be smooth, happy and balanced. 



So, it was a day of accomplishments and disappointments. Isn't that just like life? You get the highs and the lows, and somehow you have to manage to stay the course. After the deepest lows, you'll get a high that will make those bad days seem like a horrible memory. But, after too much happiness, sorrow will come to balance us out. It's a balance beam, and we all have to walk it to the best of our ability. Have a wonderful weekend, I plan on boring you again next week - LOL. Slava Ukraini and חיים למען ישראל.



No comments: