Thursday, April 11, 2024

Running Late! and the Saga of Jack's Car

I wanted to share photos of Jack's car with all of you. But I truly don't have time to locate and reformat them today, so that'll be tomorrow (if I remember). Jack is another one of the 5:00 am group - those of us who gather at the doors of the YMCA, waiting for the gate gargoyle to let us in. He pulled up behind me in the parking lot as I was getting out of my car to walk to the door. He got out of his car, closed the door, turned around and gazed at his car. Why? 



We have a lot of urban deer - they've been eating my 
crocus bulbs, according to DH who is cursing them 
daily. 

Apparently he had been driving north on one of our major streets to get to the gym, when a deer came out onto the road at his side and ran right into the side of his car. His mirror was toast, there were dents all over, the bumper was half-off, and there were large clumps of deer hide stuck in the door hinges. Such a mess! I'm sure Jack spent the rest of yesterday getting his car looked at, quotations made, and a rental arranged after a discussion with his insurance company. Urban wildlife can be a PITA. 


So, since I'm SUPER rushed today, that's all you get. I cooked a roasted carrot soup yesterday which turned out fabulous. I'm anxious to start eating it as soon as I finish up the previous soup tonight. Have an excellent day and I'll be back tomorrow, hopefully a bit less rushed. Slava Ukraini and חיים למען ישראל.



No comments: