Friday, April 5, 2024

Hockey, Errands and General Puff - It's Friday!

We lost last night's hockey game to the Colorado Avalanche, so we're more than likely totally out of the playoffs this year. It's a disappointment, of course, but since the Avalanche are my second-favorite team, and they're in a close fight to win the Central Division of the Western Conference, I'll just move my loyalties West for the remainder of the season. It doesn't mean I'm not a Minnesota Wild fangirl, just that I'm a realist and it's beyond unlikely that we will make the playoffs. Of course a lightning bolt could still hit, but given that we're already two spots BELOW the Wild Card cutoff point, it's about as likely as an iced drink in Hell. There are six teams with a record worse than ours in our Division, but that's not much comfort - LOL. 




I do love the Minnesota Wild logo. It's a little of this 
and a little of that in an indeterminate animal of the 
northlands, and it's one of the most attractive sports 
logos in hockey (and maybe in general sports too). 



I'm making crock-pot ribs again tomorrow - when they have a good sale, DH buys a couple of racks for us. I'll take a careful look at my bar-b-cue sauce quantities on hand today. If I need more, I'll mix up a batch today. That actually wouldn't be a bad thing all around. I'd love to have a new batch made for the upcoming summer months. So that means I'll be making my bar-b-cue sauce today, which also means I'll be making a new batch of my personal Worcestershire sauce today also, since I can't have the one without the other. These two things, along with my next week's worth of "Ogre Juice" will keep me busy in the kitchen for a few hours. 




I love my home-made bar-b-cue sauce. It's WildFit friendly, 
of course, and it's quite tasty. I make it in batches when 
I need it. I just picked up a new glass container for it a few 
weeks ago. The plastic one I had been using was getting 
very old and not going to last much longer. Now I'm set! LOL



I also MUST go to the office supply store today. I need a printer cartridge for the office printer, and I'm hoping that Ruth is working today. Her son has been seriously ill and was scheduled for surgery on Monday. I'd like to hear how he's doing. She's been a customer and friend for decades. A delightful woman, although a bit scatter-brained. Of course, with the health issues her son's been going through lately, scatter-brained is perfectly understandable. I'd probably be a bit off my game as well. 




Dusting and vacuuming come low on my list, but there 
comes a time when it HAS to be done. Today may be 
that day ... maybe. If not, I'll do it next week FOR SURE. 



After I pay a few bills, I also hope to get the house vacuumed. It desperately needs a good stir-up. If I get REALLY lucky with my time, I'll also get the living room dusted and cleaned. It seriously needs it. But, that's all on the back burner today. The important things are the groceries and the kitchen stuff, everything else - although it needs doing - can wait a bit longer if necessary. And isn't that how it is with life? We do the things that have to be done because that's how we operate, but then we tackle the remaining issues, and there are always plenty of those to deal with. Have a wonderful Friday, I'll be back tomorrow to wrap up the week. Slava Ukraini and חיים למען ישראל.


No comments: