Thursday, July 28, 2022

Schedules Are Already Crowding Up On Me - But Sharon's Coming Back Again! Yippee!

As usual., on a swim day, I'm cramped for time so it's going to be a short post today. My BFF, Sharon, sent me her flight reservations for September yesterday. It's hard to believe it's already that late, but yes, it's July and we're in the latter half of the summer already. She comes up every year (except for the Year of Covid) to spend three days at the Minnesota State Fair and one day at the Renaissance Festival with us, then returns home to collapse and recover before returning to her job as a librarian. I'm already looking forward to seeing her, although it always marks the end of Summer and beginning of Autumn for me. 




Sharon will be flying in on Sun Country, in the early 
afternoon of a Thursday, and returning in the early 
afternoon of the following Tuesday. We'll spend Friday, 
Saturday and Sunday at the State Fair, and Monday (Labor 
Day holiday in the USA) at the MN Renaissance 
Festival. I have the State Fair tickets, but need to get 
the Ren Fair tickets purchased. 



I decided to get my second Covid booster taken care of, so I have an appointment for 11:00 am tomorrow to get that dusted and done. I had wanted to hold off until later in the summer, but Dr Faucci had recommended that "if you can get it now, do it now" (paraphrased), so what the heck. I'm needle phobic, but I also know this one is important, and I'll manage through it. I hope I get the same pharmacist I had the last time. She understood needle phobic people because her sister is the same way. It made it much easier for me. I'm getting Moderna again - that's what I got the last time - and I hope I won't have any reactions to it because my Fridays are still very packed days and I have plenty of other things that will need to be accomplished before I can relax in the evening. 




The Swarovski round crystals are the next category 
I want to photograph, but I may not have the time 
until mid-September. Then the bicone shapes need 
to be photographed, and that's 50 pages worth of 
crystals in my master list, just for the bicones! Lots 
of photos needed and no time to do them. 



Yesterday went smoothly - I got a lot done, and have a lot more still to do. Having Sharon's flight reservations always pushes me into the next gear. Photos for the round and bicone Swarovski crystals will have to wait unless DH gives me a third "day off" to work on photographs, and I don't see that happening during gardening season. I have a house to get clean too. But at least I'll have appliances that work this year (unlike last year when the refrigerator, followed by the oven, followed by the cracked toilet tank, all happened in August. It was a VERY stressful time. 




Last year truly seemed like the apocalypse in our house. 
First the refrigerator died. Then, three days later, the 
oven died. Then, three days before Sharon was scheduled 
to arrive, the toilet in her bathroom cracked its' tank 
and the basement storage room became flooded. Also, 
shortly after she left, the water pipe to the kitchen 
clogged up, requiring our plumber and resulting in 
a new faucet. I really don't want a repeat of last year 
this time. 



I'm still contemplating my story for the current prompt. "Unconventional" is the prompt, and that can lead in so many directions. I need to try and pin some of those down so that I can at least begin to craft something reasonable. Or unreasonable. It's such an open-ended prompt, it's causing my brain to vibrate and look at too many possible roads to choose. My only recourse may be to just write something, or several somethings, and then choose the best of the lot. 




I need to choose a direction for my latest story and start 
writing. I really don't have the time to dilly-dally around 
with this one. But it's a very open-ended prompt, and 
those are the hardest ones for me to conquer sometimes. 



On that note, I'm out of here. The pool is calling me. Have an excellent Thursday and I'll be back for a very busy Friday. Slava Ukraini. 




No comments: