Saturday, June 25, 2022

Writing, Phones, Buttons and Bees - My Thoughts Roam Freely Today

I finally figured out what I wanted to write for the current prompt. Once I broadened my viewpoint, it all fell together. I have it publicly posted on Dreamwidth here: https://erulissedances.dreamwidth.org/875135.html and if you feel like reading it, please feel free. I'm grateful that I made deadline, which is today. 




I tried out several different tacks on the current prompt, 
but decided to trash them all and go in a different 
direction. I'm glad I did - what I came up with was far 
better than my original compositions. 



DH received his new phone at the shop yesterday and I'll take it over to Verizon tomorrow and get a SIM card installed. Then I can play with getting his data transferred and the new phone operational on Sunday and hopefully, by Sunday night his new phone will be up and running. I'll probably run either Mobiel trans or Samsung Smart Switch to get the data moved from his old Motorola phone into the new Samsung S22. I always am a little nervous when it comes to data transfer and getting used to a new phone, I know it takes a bit of doing to get used to new procedures. But with practice comes comfort, so he'll have to live through the "argh" for a while to get to the "damn, this is nice" part. 




DH can be such a caveman sometimes. He'll just 
have to get over it. There's no choice - he needed 
a new phone and now he'll have to get used to a 
new piece of equipment - never an easy thing 
for him. 



I got a lot of stuff done yesterday, including a quick trip to the tailor to pick up my altered garments. Now I have two tops and two skirts ready for Renaissance Faire and I'm delighted. I couldn't find the Chinese knots I wanted for the shirt sleeves, so I'm thinking I might be able to find some pearls I could use as buttons instead. I'll start hunting the internet and see what I can see. 




Since I was unable to find Chinese knots similar to what I 
had in mind (and I can't tie them well, nor have the time 
to do that), I'm now looking for some pearl buttons similar 
to these. It's an easy matter to crochet button loops where 
needed, and this may be something I can easily do on 
my own. I only wish I could find these in natural pearls 
instead of plastic pearls. 



It was a fight to get my two miles on the treadmill in today. It's hot and sticky and I'm still dripping with sweat after more than an hour away from my workout, my shower and my first cup of tea. It's going to be one of those humid, sticky, hot days today, so I'm suddenly grateful I'll be at the shop. I have air conditioning at the shop, so I'll be comfortable there while here, I would be a hot mess. I got the 6mm Swarovski round sheets made yesterday evening, and I'll start working on the 8 and 10 mm ones at the shop today. 




Last night, as I was putting the laptop away, DH was 
grumbling about the "fly" in the computer room. 
Then he took a closer look. It was actually a bee! 
Now, I'm allergic to bees, so I left the room 
immediately and he went on a hunt. A successful 
hunt in the end, for us. But not successful for 
the bee. (Sorry, my friend in Australia who loves 
bees.) 



So that's all the news I've got. Hope you have a wonderful weekend, and spare good thoughts for my friend Aearwen whose birthday is on Sunday. I'm popping a card in the mail for her today (yes ... I'm late, but better late than never). It's time to take my sweaty self away from the keyboard and start my day. Enjoy your weekend and I'll be back on Monday. 




No comments: