Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Swimming, Shopping and Cooking - Today Will Be Packed Full

Today will be spent either at the computer or in the kitchen (after a run to the grocery store). I need to cook the corned beef for tomorrow. I have two pork chops defrosted that I want to bake, and of course, I also have my chicken to bake for dinner and my next four servings of Ogre Juice to make. I'll be spending a ridiculous amount of time in the kitchen, but somethings that's necessary and today is one of those days. Fortunately, not much of it will need babysitting - most can just do it's thing. It's too bad I can't just wave a magic wand and have all of the chores magically done for me to perfection. 




I've got two pork chops in my refrigerator that need to 
be dry rubbed and broiled. I might even buy some 
broccoli to steam and serve alongside. But, they need 
to be cooked. Then, if needed, I can freeze them for 
individual dinners. 



Laundry is also on the agenda with the usual three loads, and I'm going to tackle Etsy once again, changing a couple of things and sending them the appropriate documentation to, hopefully, get final approval and the ability to go live. Between everything else, I'll probably listen to some music because I always cook better with music. I feel like Hip Hop today - Eminen, Snoop Dog, Mary J Blige and others. That's guaranteed to get me moving in the kitchen - LOL. 




I also need to cook the corned beef that I have in the 
refrigerator. Tomorrow is St Patrick's Day, so we'll have 
corned beef for dinner, and DH will have lots of lovely 
sandwiches with the meat as well. I have no problem 
eating meat, so I'll have my fill of it as well. It's a 
2-1/2 pound roast, so we should be getting 2-3 meals 
from it. 



As I mentioned earlier, I'm finally getting some speed back in the swimming pool. Yesterday I was able to add a couple of laps to my mile and still come within my 45 minutes. I was quite pleased about that. I'm still slower than many of the regular swimmers, but finally faster than Rosemary again, and that's taken a while to get there. So generally speaking, I'm pretty happy with where I'm at with my swimming. 




On Wednesdays I always bake some chicken 
breasts. Because we have so many other things to 
eat this week, I'll only bake two breasts instead 
of my usual three. Still, it's one more thing to be 
busy with in the kitchen. 



My weight, however, is bothering me. I managed to gain into the 116 pound range yesterday, but am back to the low 115's today. That's as low as I want to go, so I'll much on some nuts today while I'm bouncing around doing my housework. I'm not unhappy with my weight at all, but need to keep it at a reasonable number for my BMI. I'll just have to keep on watching it carefully. After asking the WildFit coaches for their input, it's determined that late Summer and early Fall foods would be best for me. I'll try to take a look at my food lists today and figure out the best way to attack this. I want to swing between 115 and 118 regularly, and I want 115 to be my bottom threshold. 




And, finally, I need to make my Alkagizers for the next 
week. I've got this down to a fine art by now, but there's 
still some time involved, and at least an hour's worth of 
work at the blender to get everything juiced up, into 
containers, and into the refrigerator. 


On that note, I'm out of here and heading to the pool. The best thing about Wednesday swim is that I still have Thursday to look forward to. The worst thing about Wednesday swim is that the pool is more crowded on Wednesdays than my other two days. That's OK though. I share lanes without too much problem. Have an excellent day and I'll be back tomorrow. 




No comments: