Friday, November 5, 2021

Swimming, Plans and LJ Idol Thoughts - It's All Good

Back to the swimming pool again today, and I'm excited as always. I really love my swimming. I'm two laps shy of my full mile (if I can trust my lap counter). Of course, I don't remember to click it every turnaround, so I actually think I'm at my mile. I'm still slightly slower in pace than I was pre-Covid, but that will come back with practice. After all, today is only the 14th time back in the pool. 




Back to the swimming pool again. I was close to this age 
when Mom got us enrolled in a course for baby swimming 
at the downtown Denver YMCA. I was swimming almost 
before I could walk. I've always loved the water. 



I started listening to my next book yesterday. I'll try to actually document the process of getting audio books loaded onto my Xtranerz today, or at least within the next week. I'm also going to take a quick drop by the shop and pick up my holiday cards and one piece of equipment. I need to nail the next stage, so need some quiet time to contemplate. Today is perfect for that. 




I'm going to bring home my professional 
paper cutter and a specific blade, as well as 
scraps from earlier cuts. I have to try a few 
experiments to figure out my next step. 



I have a story almost ready to post for the latest prompt in my LJ Idol group. I fleshed it out yesterday, but need to proofread and polish, before I post. It's a fun little group, and I'm enjoying the experience. I'm not sure I'll enjoy the more cut-throat Idol portion when they re-institute it, but I'll cross that when I get there. Right now, it's Idol Light - no voting, nobody leaving the "island". Since I'm not a Survivor fan (after the first few seasons it got to be too much for me), I'm just fine playing in the nice kids playground. 




LJ Idol, when played in earnest, actually has voting on 
each back of stories with one author "going home" each 
week. It can be underhanded, petty, and can cause 
division within groups of people, just like the actual 
TV show, and I'm not a fan of things that divide 
people. I'm much more of a Kumbaya person, someone 
who wants to join people together, not pry them apart. 



So, a quick blog today because the water is calling me. Have a truly excellent Friday and I'll be back tomorrow. Namaste! 




No comments: