Wednesday, November 3, 2021

A Hodge-Podge of Thoughts and Now It's DH's Turn for the Dentist

First off, congratulations to the Atlanta Braves baseball team for their World Series win. I didn't watch (I'm not much of a baseball fan), but it was a good series, hard fought, and the victory will mean a lot to Atlanta. I do wish they would change their name and have something less of a trigger than "Braves", but I assume eventually they will get on board and do that. 




I'm not much of a baseball fan (although if the Twins played 
better, I'd enjoy it more). However, winning the World 
Series is long, and difficult. Congratulations to the 
Atlanta Braves for their accomplishment this year. 



Last night, while watching the premier of Season 9 of Oak Island, DH popped a crown off one of his back teeth. I'll be calling the dentist today to see when he can get in to see her (he now has an appointment for 3:00 pm tomorrow). He has the crown (it's a gold one), and with luck, she'll be able to do a bit of cleaning and just reglue it back into position. 




He lost it from a back tooth, possibly similar to my own 
crown issue from a month ago. With luck, they'll be able 
to glue it back into place. 



I've been very happy with my AfterShokz Xtrainer bone conduction headphones and have been using them every day. I finished my latest book yesterday and wanted to download the next one in the series. I'm having nothing but problems with my conversion program. The headphones work fine and the book is downloaded appropriately, but to get it from Point A to Point B, it actually needs one more step - a conversion from one format to another. I have a program that does that conversion, and it seems to be working properly, but for some reason, I can't get the converted files loaded onto my headphones. I'm MORE than frustrated. Today's swim was made in silence - something I hate while I'm swimming. It's not the end of the world, but I want this resolved quickly. 




I'm not sure what's wrong with Rodney's car. He 
has an older model car that has plenty of room 
for his two Huskie Dogs as well as camping or 
day-tripping gear. Hopefully he can get it fixed 
soon and not expensively. Tattoo artists aren't 
rolling in the dough, so to speak. 



I was supposed to meet with my tattoo artist, Rodney, for a photo shoot today, but he had to cancel because of auto problems which are forcing him to take public transportation or Uber/Lyft rides. We'll get together once his auto problems have been resolved and deal with photos then. It's not the end of the world, my tattoo isn't going anywhere - LOL. 




I enjoy Spotify and use it a lot. Since I can't listen 
to my next book, I'll probably switch it on and enjoy 
dancing around the kitchen while prepping veggies. 



Today is a shopping day (Target, Whole Foods, my local grocery store) and a day in the kitchen. Since I won't have a book loaded, I'll use a set of earbuds and Spotify and have fun dancing my way around the kitchen. I only need to be careful around the knives. Hopefully I'll get in touch with Tech Support about my conversion program and get that resolved so that I can load my next book. I guess I'll have to take step-by-step notes for the next time. 




I'm not really a fan of winter - I don't mind the cold, but 
I do mind the extra work required by our snow. I'm also 
not fond of driving in the snow, or cleaning my car off  
after work before I can get back home. The occasional 
blizzard really sucks, too. Snow is beautiful, and when 
I don't have to be at work every day, I'll enjoy it, but 
right now, it's just a PITA. 



Have a totally excellent day. Anytime I'm in November and there's not a spec of snow in my area, it's a good day - LOL. Today we're too warm for snow, so we've dodged a bullet once again. I'll be back tomorrow. Please, be kind, stay positive, and if possible, do a random act of kindness for someone today. 




No comments: