Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Totally Random Thoughts on an Early Tuesday Morning

A couple of holiday/birthday gifts I had purchased for DH arrived yesterday - a bit late, but still appreciated. They weren't anything fancy - a deeper sheet pan (he had been wanting one that was 2 inches deep) and a carry container for cookies, cupcakes and deviled eggs. I also got a couple of computer plugs, but realized, after opening one, that I ordered the wrong thing and I need to return them. Fortunately, it's Amazon, so returning these shouldn't be a problem. 




I thought I had ordered these. I need some more 
outlets for charging cables. Instead I ordered a USB to USBC 
plug-in which won't work for what I had in mind. 
I probably can use them, but I'd rather send them 
back and get what I really wanted. 



I ordered a couple of stamps and a stencil dye this morning from my favorite company. I don't know if they'll be used in this year's holiday cards or next, but they'll be ready to go whenever I decide. It's always nice to have choices of images and themes available. 




I need to get a swatch or two knitted out for 
gauge before I dive into a full sweater. No sense 
in putting the work in and have it not fit or look 
good. Gauge swatches will let me know what tension 
I should set the machine for. Too loose and it won't look 
good, too tight and it won't work for the pattern I have in 
mind. It's like the Three Bears - I'm looking for the 
porridge that's "just right". 



I'm running really early for a change, today. Usually I'm fighting the clock to get out of the house on time, but today I'm massively ahead of schedule. I'm going to keep today's post quick and easy and see if I can't get a couple of non-computer things completed before I need to make breakfast and get out of here. So ... I hope you have a totally fabulous day. Please be kind, stay safe, and wear your mask. I have every intention of being back here tomorrow. 




No comments: