Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Welcome to Autumn (or Spring, For My Southern Hemisphere Friends)

I received my Vote by Mail Ballot in the mail on Saturday. I can fill it out and mail it back, or I can take it to one of the Early Voting locations, fill it out there, and let them submit it for me. I might do that today. The closest Early Voting location is my local library, so it would be a good opportunity to revisit the library and do my civic duty, all at the same time. 




This shot from 2016 was taken in early October. I
remember driving on some unfamiliar roads to get 
this vivid red swath across the greens. So pretty. 



DH is adamant - he will stand in line on Election Day at his assigned polling location and cast his vote in person. I think that's fine, but I have no intention of freezing while waiting to get into the doors of the church where we are assigned to vote. I voted by mail for the Primary Election and I'm pretty comfortable with the process, having voted by mail several times over my lifetime. He's concerned that a vote by mail won't be counted. I think it will be just fine and will count just as much as one placed with frozen fingers after standing in a long line. 




In 2017, I remembered the Autumn golds of my youth with
the golden Aspen trees in the Colorado Mountains. Here is 
a photo I posted of Autumn at Maroon Bells close to 
Aspen in the high mountains. My summers were always 
spent in Aspen from the time I was a small child until 
I was graduating from High School. There are times I 
miss my mountains intensely, but I love the lakes of 
my Land of 10,000 Lakes too. 



Yesterday I forgot to welcome everyone to Autumn (or welcome Spring for my Southern Hemisphere friends). I have the not-so-good excuse that I had other things on my brain. It's actually true, but no real excuse. So, I wish all of you a good turn of the seasons as we progress through our year. May it be a kind season to you and your loved ones. 




In 2018 I shared this photo of the colors of Autumn. I 
didn't take this photo, but when I found it, I knew I needed 
to share it with my readers because the colorful 
progression from deep maroon to summer-darkened 
green was so lovely. It deserves to be showcased once 
more as we celebrate the Autumn of 2020. 



Today is my "Day Off" and my roster is quite full, so I'm going to call my blog finished for the day, put in photos of the beauties of Autumn, and yes, I'll put in some scarlet leaves just for my friends who don't see much of the red and orange hues of Fall in their areas. We're not at full leaf-turn for another three weeks, but I'm certainly seeing the beauties of this - my second favorite season, and I love to share. Have an excellent day, be safe, stay well, and please wear your mask. I'll be back tomorrow. 




No comments: