Saturday, September 5, 2020

It's A Holiday Weekend - Two Stages of Le Tour to Share

I'm not attending the gym yet, but I'm working out every day anyway. I've been staying away from the barre for the past week to give my pinched nerve a chance to recover, so I've been on the treadmill every day instead - lots of fast walking. Today I finally managed 1-3/4 mile before quitting for the day. I'm pleased. I've been working myself back up to the 2 miles I used to do on the indoor track at the YMCA. A few more days and I'll probably be there once again. It's a long way from the days of my cast and crutches in May - thank goodness. 



I might not be a fan of the treadmill, but I'm sure using mine right now.
I'm on it six days a week while my pinched nerve heals. After I'm
back to normal, I'll drop back into my alternating schedule and only
be on the treadmill three days a week. 



Of course one of the reasons I can spend boring time on the treadmill (there's nothing exciting about fast walking - it's totally a drudge) is that I listen to my audio books while exercising. I've been re-listening to a series I've loved for years. The author just introduced a new book into the series a couple of weeks ago, so I've been listening to all of them. I just started Book 3 yesterday, and there are eight in the series. I'm set for listening materials for the remainder of the year - LOL. 



We're into the Pyrenees today, and finally get our first HC category
mountain. I can hardly wait! It's been a Tour with a lot of
climbs so far, but there's nothing like the Pyrenees. 



Today is Day 8 of Le Tour de France, and we finally hit some serious mountains - two days in the Pyrenees. I can hardly wait! I'm curious about the fans. The fans in the Pyrenees are usually totally above the top - absolutely rabid and crowding the riders on hard climbs. Will they be there in the usual numbers? Will they wear masks? How about social distancing? I know the Tour itself has increased the barriers they have along the race routes to help keep the audience away from the riders, but I'm not sure it's going to be possible in the narrow passes of these mountains. I'm giving you the profiles of both Saturday and Sunday. 



Day 9 (Sunday) of Le Tour keeps us in the Pyrenees for our second
day. No HC mountains on this day, but some serious mountains,
nonetheless. It'll be fun watching the boys work their way up and
over these peaks. Monday is a Rest Day, so I'll be posting Day 10
of Le Tour's stage profile on Tuesday morning. 



DH has been working on the roofing of the woodshed. It's hard to do as one person, but he's determined. He got most of two sections started yesterday, cutting and laying the plywood. He's got a long way to go, and is still not 100% firm on how he wants to install the drip guards, paper and shingles. He'll figure it out. 

We have an extended weekend with Labor Day being a holiday. So ... I won't be posting until Tuesday. I wish all of you a great weekend and a good Labor Day holiday. I'll be back on Tuesday, hopefully with pictures of the woodshed to share. 






No comments: