Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Leaders, Kings and Fools - I'm More Comfortable as a Fool

In the old days, when we were first gathering together for safety as a species, we pulled together for safety. We wanted strong people who would be able to go hunting for prey so that we could eat, but we also wanted sharp-eyed people with lesser brute strength who could spot edible plants and useful plants, as well as watering holes. Over time, settlements developed and people began to specialize in various areas - hunter, farmer, shepherd, healer. Finally, when someone stepped out enough or the need presented itself, the jobs of "leader" or "Head" or even "King" came about. 



Pompous leaders. Why do we continue to elect them? Possibly
because anyone with common sense would never run for
office? 



Now, this is only my own opinion, but anyone actively seeking the position at the top of the food chain, probably doesn't deserve to be there. Kings, various Leaders, Heads or Dictators have a tendency to aggravate other nearby people with similar titles which leads to wars of words, and finally wars of people. It's rarely the Heads, Kings or Leaders who are killed in the wars, it's everyone else who had the bad luck to be under that leader's rule or influence. 



Nothing can reflect "pompous" much better than a cat, and this
lovely specimen has the look completely nailed! 



So ... why raise up a topic like this? Because I'm none-to-fond of our leaders today. I don't like the person who is in "charge" of the nation, but I don't like those standing in the wings either. I don't like much of the Congress, I don't like many of the Governors, and I'm none-to-fond of many of the mayors. I ask, "Whose interests are they really trying to protect? What people are they looking out after? Why this one and not that one?" and I don't come up with good answers. 



The book seems to have the appropriate ribbon bookmarks, but for
all we know, it could be anything. He never opened it, never actually
said a passage from it. It was totally a photo-op and was a really
poor showing all around. 



But I will tell you this, before signing off for the day. When I see our current "Leader" standing in front of a burning church with a religious book in his hands for a photo op, and he doesn't open the book, read from it, or apparently learn from it, I find one more instance why I don't respect him. It's shades of Hitler, and it's past annoying and into frightening. 

So, on that note, I'm, out of here for my day off - needed and deserved. I'll be back tomorrow and wish all of you an excellent day. 




No comments: