Thursday, May 28, 2020

A Catch-up Post - Just Because I Haven't For A While

It's probably time for an ankle update, since I'm actually doing pretty well, four weeks along. I'm spending too much time ignoring my crutches. I know I'm supposed to use them, but Dr Jorgensen said as long as I don't get any spiking pains, it's all good. I ache a bit at night after being on my feet a lot, but it's just a small ache, no shooting pains, so I think I'm doing things correctly. Maybe. In any case, most of the swelling is down, and the bruising is gone. Things look much better. 



I'm wearing my walking boot 24/7 (except for
showers, of course) and it's working out really
well for me. I'm very grateful that I'm not in
a plaster or fiberglass cast which would be
SO much more uncomfortable. 



I still have two weeks to go until I see Dr Jorgensen again. I'm only without crutches (sometimes) when I have the walking boot on. When the boot is off - showers and such - I am ALWAYS on my crutches. No weight bearing on a bare foot yet, and no intentions of being quite that stupid. 



Although I love using the knee scooter I purchased, I
guess I really didn't need it as much as I thought I might.
It's a fun thing, and it works pretty well at the shop, but
in reality, I'm doing just fine without it. 



The scooter turned into something that's sometimes nice to have at the store, but basically wasn't worth getting because I'm healing too quickly to make it necessary. I use it to perch my leg up on at the shop, and that's actually rather great, but I rarely use it for the intended use. I'm glad I didn't spend a lot of $ on it. It wasn't dirt cheap, but it could have been much worse. 



I have an old terracotta strawberry pot
that's quite similar to this. We planted it
a few weeks ago and the plants are doing
well. Some beastie is eating my fresh
strawberries, though! 



I went into my patio and garden area yesterday afternoon to harvest several strawberries I had noticed on Tuesday. They were missing! Each one of them! If it was a bunny, it ate very carefully because neither DH nor I could figure out exactly which stems had been robbed. But I was very bummed. I had been looking forward to a few fresh strawberries. I think DH might put wire fencing around my strawberry pot during the day today. 



Congress votes electronically at their seats by inserting a
card and pressing a button. The vote is then recorded. 



He's been fighting with the PPP Loan Repayment paperwork for three days now, and it's a bit of a nightmare. I think we're close, but I also know there are some amendments that might be voted in by Congress today, so we're settling back to see what happens there. I also sent an email to my loan officer late yesterday asking a few questions. Once the answers come through, we'll have a better idea on a couple of question areas. 

So, that's about it for a catch-up. I hope all of you have a wonderful Thursday and I'm planning on being back here tomorrow. 




No comments: