Thursday, February 13, 2020

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

We're entering the deep freeze for a couple of days now. Right now it's -6 F (-21.1 C) and we're only going to get colder over the next 24 hours so that tomorrow morning's wait in front of the gym doors will be held at -10 F (-23.3 C). Yup - it's a cold time in the hot town tonight and I'm going to be bundled at my computer desk in my sweatshirt and a lap throw while watching Project Runway tonight. The good part to the cold, because we're supposed to "...look at the sunny side..." is that we're not expected to get any snow along with this cold front. Yippee ... shiver. 



When we add any wind at all, the temps will drop even farther. Our -6 of
now could easily be -26 when the wind hits. It looks like a lot of us
are being hit by this cold front: Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, North
and South Dakota and Montana. along with parts of Nebraska are going
to be hit. I'm really feeling for people on the Rez who live in old,
drafty trailers without heat. People will die from this cold front. 



I had a couple of hours to spend on my Owl project yesterday and it's coming along nicely. Then I made an error late last night and decided it was best to just leave it for the day. Of course, that was when I was just trying to get one more thing done, so that's probably why I messed it up. But, I'm almost finished with the first tier of the second cascade. There's a lot still remaining, but it's all good. 



The big corporations often manage to wiggle out of a
lot of their taxes, but little guys like me end up actually
paying a lot. And of course, as self-employed people, we
are taxed doubly on social security. It's not fair, but
we'll be retiring soon and be out of this rat race. 




DH and I met with our accountant last night for our corporate tax appointment. I'll make an appointment for our personal taxes soon, those are a bit more complicated, but not too much. Despite the many complaints we both have, we actually keep really good records and can get our hands on the items we need when necessary. It's more a matter of organization, which sometimes is lacking a bit on my end. I am super organized, sometimes I have to hunt a bit more for items like annual license fees for the cars, etc. 



I guarantee I did NOT buy a Baby Yoda valentine's
day card for DH. I got him something much more
romantic. He might drive me crazy, but he's still
my man. 



Here we are, the day before Valentine's Day. I did buy a card for DH when I was at the store yesterday. It's always a question whether or not he will actually open it. Sometimes he prefers to leave cards unopened, just looking at them like a yummy dessert that shouldn't be eaten. I've never quite figured that out, but whatever - LOL. 



It's a Project Runway night and I'll be watching and taking notes
to share with all of you. If the Runway photos are available for
me at 3:30 am, I'll get those plugged in and you'll have my PR
post on Friday morning. Otherwise, it'll be Saturday. 



A reminder that tonight is Project Runway night, so I'll be writing as I watch. With luck the Runway photos will be up in time for me to plug them in and post tomorrow, otherwise my post will probably be a complaint (legitimate) about the cold weather. I also have an appointment with my dermatologist tomorrow and I hope she can come up with a few miracles for my hands. I guess I'll have to wait and see, but I could use a new med or two or twenty - LOL. Have a great day, stay warm, and I'll be back tomorrow - a little colder, a little older, and maybe a little wiser. 




No comments: