Thursday, December 12, 2019

It's Thursday - I'm Catching Up and Falling Behind

Today will be another day of snow, although we're above zero so that's OK. Originally it was supposed to start while I was in the gym, but it's shifted to a bit later, so I'll get snow while I'm at work. I got my cards tied yesterday (you'll know what I'm talking about when you get yours), and today I'm doing a final bit of gluing and attaching the very back panel where I state that the card was made for YOU! (By ME! - LOL). Yeah, that kind of stuff has to happen. I'm very close to getting these into the mail, I'll start the final address list tomorrow night, but NOT tonight, because tonight is ... Project Runway, Season 18, Episode 2. I can hardly wait. 



There are a lot of ways to have a "tied up" greeting card. This
ISN'T the way I've tied up my holiday cards. If nothing else
causes delays, they will be hitting the mail late this week or
early next. I'm apologizing for the delay to all of you on
my list. 



The FedEx that was supposed to be available for my pickup yesterday night, was delayed yet again, and is due tonight. *sigh* Right now, FedEx and my vendor are both getting total FAIL grades from me. What a mess. I also wanted to do a special coupon sale for any single non-craft-supply item over the weekend and haven't had a chance to get the email together. I guess I'll run it for next week. I need to figure out a way to have a unique ID number on each email anyway, so I probably can use the extra time. 



There is something so beautiful about polished, bright silver, necklace
chains. I finally have worked my way down my entire stack of
chains, and bagged each one individually. The technique is working
to keep the chains bright and let everyone see them easily. 



All of those chains I've been polishing have been bagged, and we're selling them. They look great in their individual bags - all bright and shiny. I'm very pleased with the end result. But with the cold and the black ice, we haven't been as busy over the holiday season as I wanted. DH cut some larger hides into smaller pieces yesterday afternoon, so I now have our most popular sizes available once again. That will be a real plus for the store. This is the season when people make moccasins and mukluks, and having a nice, thick sole is important on a shoe for any serious walking. 



DH wants a new pair of lined slippers similar to this for
the holidays. I'm pretty sure I can find him something
nice that will still get delivered on time. 



My fingers will be walking through the web today. I need a few things for DH's holiday gifts, I have to reserve my Honey Baked Ham (a once-a-year treat), and I need to reserve my annual Candy Cane Pie from Baker's Square. It's only available in December, and I look forward to it every year. 



Baker's Square Candy Cane Pie is one of my holiday treats. I adore
peppermint, and their combination of peppermint, wintergreen and
an oreo crust makes me VERY happy. 



On that note, I'm plugging in pictures and heading out the door. Have a fabulous Thursday and I'll be back with a Project Runway recap tomorrow. 



No comments: