Monday, July 22, 2019

Mountains and the Moon - A Wonderful Weekend

Yesterday's stage in the Pyrenees was wonderful, exciting, and the gaps are growing larger and larger. The Yellow Jersey is still on Julian Alaphillipe, but he lost some time yesterday, allowing Geraint Thomas to catch up 30 seconds. Today is a much needed rest day and then we'll have two days of "flat" as we move from the Pyrenees to three very intensive days in the Alps followed by Sunday in Paris. Are you ready for the final six days? 



Were you alive when the original moon landing occurred? DH and
I talked about what we had been doing during that epic event.
I remember watching it on my small black and white
television in my bedroom in Denver. I think my cousin might
have been with me, if not, it was my best friend from next
door. 



DH and I had a lazy day yesterday, and since the weather wasn't blisteringly hot, we took an hour or so to sit in the garden before grilling our dinner and collapsing. It was a super exhausting week last week since Chickie was out of town. She's on her way back, but won't be at work again until Wednesday, so we will still have to work a few days without her. I've missed having her around, but I've also enjoyed working more with the customers (with a few exceptions). All in all, it's actually been just fine not having Chickie on hand. I guarantee that DH isn't quite that comfortable, since he got absolutely nothing done on his various projects since he had to work for her. 



One of the things I've always been grateful for receiving from
the moon flights and astronaut programs is the view of Earth
from space. We live on such a beautiful and fragile planet. It's
simply stunning when viewed from the Moon. 



I've gotten so used to higher temperatures, that yesterday's 78 F (25.5 C) had me pulling out a long-sleeved T-shirt to wear for the day. I was actually cold when DH had the fan running in the computer room. It's rather bizarre how bodies can adapt to changing atmospheric conditions. I suppose that's why we, as a species, have managed to effectively spread over the planet, from deepest jungle to driest desert. Of course, in my area, having heat for the winter is essential ... just saying - LOL. 



Now the talk is all about living on Mars. I don't think that's
anything I'd ever have been interested in. But given my
basic claustrophobia, space travel of any kind probably
won't be my thing. Still, anyone volunteering to live on
Mars will be risking everything on a one-way ticket. No
way back home to water and breathable air again. 



So today's post is nice and easy, but I'm back into Tour de France mode tomorrow. I'll have a rushed workout this morning, then see my Chiropractor, and then try to get some documentation together. After all that, I'll start my Monday. I hope all of you have a wonderful start to your week and I'll be back tomorrow. 


No comments: