Monday, January 21, 2019

Sunday Was Very Productive

Today's schedule is totally messed up. No gym today - just won't work. Breakfast in 1/2 hour at 5:00 am, then on to the east for my Chiropractor appointment, dropping back home afterward to pick up my laptop and head back out, open the shop and turn on the computers, then lock everything back up and get to the doctor's in time to get my stitches removed. Back to work and start my day. WHEW! All of that before 9:00 am. 



Although these aren't my specific four bags of
trash, it's pretty close since I also used white bags. 



I have four bags of trash in the back of Minion right now. My own trash receptacles are filled to bursting and trash pickup for me isn't until Wednesday. So I'm taking four bags from yesterday's "going through memories in multiple boxes" marathon to the shop and I'll add them to the dumpster there. Much larger, but also used by all four of the stores and so often overfull. Good thing is, though, it gets emptied every couple of days, so if I have to carry the trash around for another couple of days, I can do that. 



Mine is older than this, but the idea is still there. And
yes, I do have a triceratops in my collection of nine. 



The memories cleanup resulted in some things that I'm very glad I still have. I have the nine small bronze dinosaurs (actually eight dinos and a mastodon), that my Dad bought for me when we went to the Natural History Museum on Sundays. They're perfect and beautiful and even though one fin of the Mosasaur broke off when I was a kid, the rest of them are pristine. I even have the description cards for eight of the nine. I'm impressed and I'm delighted to have them back once again. 



I also found a nice Origami intro book with paper that
I will also send to the girls. I was never very successful at
Origami, but they might enjoy trying it out. 



I found my participation certificates from my time as a finalist in Miss Teenage America - a silly thing, but it was fun for a short time - and lots of photographs, slides and negatives from my high school and early college years. I think I'd rather digitize most of those, but the good ones that are printed I'll probably put into albums. I'm sending my cello music to my nephew's kid. He started cello this year. He's welcome to them, even though he won't be at that level for a long time. I know I won't be using the music. There was also some costume play jewelry that I thought my youngest niece's daughters might enjoy, so I'll sent that to her. 

All in all, it was a very successful clean and the football games were fabulous as well. Combine with a great dinner from China Restaurant and I had a winning Sunday. Chickie got moved OK and is now unpacking and setting up in the new place, and the cats have settled down from the traumatic move as well. All seems good. We'll see. I'll be back tomorrow, but have a wonderful Monday! 




No comments: