Saturday, October 27, 2018

Grab Yourself A Book and Read - A New Book by TJ Klune

Today I'm urging you to discover/rediscover one of my favorite authors who has just released a new book - his first self-published book. Many of you already know the author's name - TJ Klune. I've written about him before, and his "Into This River I Drown" has been in my personal Top-10 list since it was first published in 2013. He'a a young man on a precipice - he'll be very well known within the next year or two. He's been offered and has accepted several multi-book contracts by a major publisher. His name will be known and recognized and it's a bright future that is well deserved. 



TJ's newest book is a stand-alone, although readers who
know "Big Eddie" from "Into This River I
Drown" will be pleased to have a cameo
of this beloved character appearing here. 



That doesn't change the fact that his newest release "The Bones Beneath My Skin" is now available. Nor does it change the fact that I'm highly recommending you to go and buy it - ebook or print - settle down with the beverage of your choice, and lose yourself in a remarkable story written by one of the more talented young authors writing today. 



"The Lightning-Struck Heart" is the first book in a four-book
series. I'm actually not as fond of this series as
some of his others, but it's tremendously
popular and the characters will stay
with you for a long time. 



What makes a great author for me? It's got to be someone who can pull me into a book within the first few pages, and make me sad to leave it behind at the end. It's someone writing something I think back on - the plot or the characters - having it pop into my head at odd times, and sometimes reading and re-reading it time and time again. It's got to be someone writing a book that's well-crafted, well-researched and well edited - no typos, no mixed character names, no slippery time issues. I've read 1000's of books in my life, not many authors are on my "must read anything they write" list. TJ Klune is one of those rare authors for me. I'll read anything he writes. I enjoy his angst more than his humor, but that's just my preference. 



TJ's favorite book is this one - "How To Be A Normal
Person". If you just want to stick your toe into the
vast pond of his works, this wouldn't be a bad start
for you. 



So I'm urging you to give yourself a treat today. Purchase a unique book with characters that won't leave you for a long time, and enjoy some talented writing. It's a great way to spend your weekend. Does it have to be the one I'm recommending to you? Of course not. But grab a book - a good book in a genre you adore - and settle down for a weekend of down-time and immersion. You deserve it. Have a wonderful weekend and I'll be back on Monday. 





No comments: