Thursday, August 30, 2018

On The Precipice and Falling

I got a lot done yesterday, the mass being laundry and vacuuming as well as setting up Sharon's room for her visit. My list of things to do today is short, still a bit of cleaning, but also a simple directive to buy some flowers from Trader Joe's for Sharon's room. It's looking like we'll have a wet Friday and a wonderful Saturday before diving back into some rain for Sunday and at the Renaissance Festival on Monday. Oh well, we're experienced. We know what to bring along to protect us from all types of weather. 



I never seem to have problems losing myself in a good book. I'm
not one to push myself through a book I don't like either. There
are too many good books on my TBR list to waste time with
the ones I thought I wanted to read but that turned out to be
disappointments. 



I saw this picture the other day on Facebook and just had to share it with all of you because ... well, most of my friends are book people. We all read them, some of us write them, and all of us love them. So yes - just throw down some cookies and milk and we'll settle down for a long and comfortable sit while awaiting rescue. 



It's not a new book - published in 2013. But it's
an excellent book and I'm recommending it to
all of you. 



I read an unusual and wonderfully well-written book yesterday called "Tell The Wolves I'm Home". It had me weeping for much of the second half, but it was an excellent book and I recommend it highly. Right now it's on sale at most on-line locations (Amazon, Barnes & Noble) for less than $2.99. It's money well-spent, so take a chance on it. It's a coming-of-age story of a young girl whose beloved uncle dies of AIDS in the very beginning of the nationwide recognition and panic of the AIDS epidemic. It's also the story of an unusual friendship and teen-aged determination. I couldn't put it down once I picked it up - thus, I didn't get all of my cleaning finished yesterday. 



I'll be off the radar for a week of vacation, fairs and fun. I'll be
back next Wednesday, probably a few pounds heavier, absolutely
exhausted, and ready to face autumn and winter once more. 



I'll be off the radar for several days now. I might post on Tuesday morning, but I think it's more likely that I'll be back posting on Wednesday, September 5th. I guess I'd also better check out the schedule to retrieve my ribbon-winning necklace from the Fair after the exhibits have been torn down. I can check that out next week since the Fair goes through Monday. 

I hope all of you have a wonderful few days. Be good (relatively) and I'll be back on-line with a new post next Wednesday. My vacations are never restful, but they're so much fun! I'll likely have lots of photos to share and tales to tell. 



No comments: