Monday, July 16, 2018

What a Great Weekend - Now For Six Days of Work in a Row

So, we survived the cobblestones, although it was hell on man, machine, and rankings. Today is a well-deserved rest for the racers, and a rather intense day of repairs for the mechanics, I suspect. The bikes were shaken and stirred, there were crashes throughout the course. Bikes were thrown this way and that and tires were wibbly-wobbly. Oh, those cobblestones. 



Cobblestones - more than 22k in sections - tore the hell out
of the bikes and the riders on Sunday. It was really
something to watch! 



The weather was hot and dry, allowing for lots and lots of dust between the riders, spectators and the various vehicles racing through the narrow roads on a twisty-turny course. It was mayhem, and it was a total delight to watch. I sacrificed sleep - serious needed but it was Le Tour and it was the cobbles, so sleep was set aside. I might regret that later this week, but right now, it was the correct decision. 



Congratulations to France, winners of the FIFA World
Cup 2018. 



After the Tour, we watched the final of the World Cup. Congratulations to France for a job well done, and congratulations to Croatia for making it an excellent match. I'm not fond of soccer, but it was an interesting game to watch, and well-played. The final presentations, etc, happened in pouring rain, with the President of France and the President of the Republic of Croatia getting drenched to the skin as each athlete of both teams were thanked and hugged by both governmental leaders. I was impressed by both heads of state who stood there, focused on the players, ignoring the rain. 



I was very impressed by the President of Croatia who
gave every player from both teams heartfelt
hugs and congratulations for a game well
played. While standing in pouring rain. 



Today begins a six-day workweek (ick!). Chickie is taking "stay-cation" this week and I hope she has a good time relaxing with her cats. She deserves the time off, but it gets hard on me because I have to work harder when I don't have two of us active on the sales floor at all times. My Manager is in the store too, but he tends to work on his own projects and not interact with the customers. *sigh* Still, it is what it is, no choice. 

I hope each of you had a wonderful weekend. I'm already looking forward to tomorrow's resumption of Le Tour when we FINALLY hit some mountains - three days in the Alps. Huzzah! I'll have the stage profile and analysis for you tomorrow. Have a great Monday. 



No comments: