Thursday, February 15, 2018

V-Day, Olympics and Fashion

Yesterday was my day off, which revolves around grocery shopping, house cleaning, my weekly conversation with Aearwen, and laundry - several loads of laundry which take most of the day to do, fold, and return to the appropriate drawers and closets. When I went upstairs yesterday morning to gather DH's pile of clothes and towels, I found a sealed large pink envelope sitting atop the pile. After getting the laundry into the washer, I settled down and opened my valentine and it was so sweet, it actually brought me to tears. Yeah! That was a good one! 



There are a LOT of Valentine's Day cards out there, but
out of all of them, DH chose well - REALLY well. It's
not often that a card will make me tear up. His choice
this year did exactly that. 



My gift to him was a replacement hot chocolate mug - replacing his favorite mug that broke last fall, and a small box of dark chocolate covered caramels sprinkled with sea salt. They're one of my favorite chocolates, so I picked up two - one will go to the shop for special treats for myself. I deserve little treats too - LOL. 



Dark chocolate covered caramels with sea salt are one of my favorite
chocolate treats. It's the perfect combination! 



One of the articles in our local newspaper revolved around "dream dates" and it got me thinking. On the spur, I didn't come up with a tremendous dream date - I think DH's idea of a few days in Santa Fe, New Mexico, visiting places we used to hang out and having some amazing meals in one of the best food places of the country, sounded much better than my Maine Lobster dinner and fancy brunch on the East Coast. But I'm curious. What would your dream date be? Money and distance is no object for dream dates - so think outside the box for this one. 



The Canada v Great Britain men's curling match was hotly
contested and there were some incredible shots made.
Canada prevailed, but it wasn't easy. 



Finally, we're continuing to watch the Olympics. It's such fun. Yesterday's men's curling match between Canada and Great Britain was really excellent - some incredible shots there. The Women's Giant Slalom was finally able to get into the books, and there were some wonderful times, and I really enjoyed the Nordic Combined in the late afternoon - combining ski jumping and cross country skiing. 



Mikaela Shiffri pulled off the win with a gold medal performance
in the Giant Slalom. Although slightly behind after the first run,
the event is based on a combined time of two runs and she made
up for the deficit in a stunning second run down the mountain. 



Tonight is a Project Runway All-Stars night, though, so the Olympics will be shelved for an hour while I dive into fashion. I've been looking through collections shown for New York Fashion Week over the past two days. There have been some interesting pieces walking the various runways, and some horrid clothing as well. Interested in see what's out there? Probably the easiest link is Harpers Bazaar. Just click on the link and flip through the photos. And life goes on - LOL. Tonight's challenge is Avant Garde and I'm really looking forward to seeing what the designers come up with. Can they manage to think outside their comfort zones? 

Have a truly excellent Thursday, be kind to others, and I'll be back tomorrow - at least, that's the plan. Watch an Olympic event or two - it's a lot of fun. 


No comments: