Saturday, February 17, 2018

The Weekend Looms - Huzzah!

As we get ready to enter the final week of the Winter Olympics, I have to say I'm enthralled once again with the Olympics in general. The competition between the athletes is breathtaking, but what I love most of all is the camaraderie shown by the athletes towards each other. Maybe instead of killing the lawyers, as Shakespeare proposed, we should just get rid of the politicians and exist in a world-wide society of celebration of achievement in sports, art, and personal expression. Everyone has something they're good at. Maybe our world should celebrate that instead of pointing out our political differences - emphasize the positive instead of the negative. 



What a good thought! But never saying anything negative
about others is almost too hard for most human beings.
So criticize with kindness, look for the positives, and
greet performance with encouragement. Make the
world a nicer place in which to live. 



A 7.2M earthquake hit south-central Mexico last night, south of Acapulco in the provide of Oaxaca. The area had six earlier earthquakes ranging from 4.2 to 5.8, starting on the 14th. Oaxaca is less densely populated than Mexico City or other cities in Mexico, but there was still damage and I'm quite sure that people lost their lives and homes and possibly their livelihood. I haven't heard any rumblings of "Gee, sorry this happened. Would you like some help?" coming from Washington DC. Shame on us! 



Did any phone calls go from the White House to the
President of Mexico asking this question? You'd think
it would be plastered on the front pages, and I haven't
seen a single word. Hmmm ....



Thursday and Friday I spent most of my workday doing repairs and restrings for customers. I had two of my favorite ladies bring in some really interesting antique necklaces and bracelets that they wanted repaired, so I had some fun for a couple of days getting them looking like new. I'll email each of them today to let them know their items are fixed and that they can pick them up. I love it when my repairs revolve around antique pieces and interesting designs. They kick my brain into high gear and pull my focus from my surroundings into the task at hand. It might not be MY art, but it is someone's, and I have so much fun making their vision perfect once again. 



The Men's Figure Skating was Yuzuru Hanyu's to lose, and he skated
brilliantly. The talk of the night was Nathan Chen's SIX quad
jumps, though. The pressure was off the USA Champion and he
relaxed and did an amazing performance. Still Hanyu got the gold,
and well done! 



On that note, I'm closing this off and heading out to the pool. We're supposed to get anywhere from 3-8 inches of snow starting tomorrow night, just in time for my bi-weekly Chiropractor appointment. I hate driving in snow, and it looks like that's the way it's going to be on Monday. Oh well, I'll enjoy my weekend up until the flakes start falling. Have a wonderful weekend and I'll be back on Monday, (although my Monday blog might be very short since I'll have to shovel before leaving for the pool). Have a fun weekend and go watch some Olympics! 


No comments: