Monday, December 4, 2017

It's Countdown Time!

I'm counting down the days now - wanting to get my holiday cards in the mail to all of you on my list. I've checked the list twice, will start signing the cards today, and if all goes smoothly over the next three days, they'll be in the mail Wednesday or Thursday this week. That's requiring a lot of work before the store opens in the mornings, and my schedule is messed up by a Chiropractor appointment this morning, but I'm pushing to get these out ASAP in hope that many of you will have them before your Holiday. 



I adore owls, so these Holiday Owl cards stood out for me. Here we
have holiday whistling owls. Don't they look festive! 



Yesterday was our first Sunday open of three. It's not a day that I am open normally. DH keeps me company on Sundays so that I'm not solo in the shop - it's always wiser to have two (or more) staff people on hand at all times. But yesterday he stayed in the back room and watched his football game while I stayed up front and worked on holiday cards. It seemed to work. I got the portion of the cards I was working on completed, and his team won the game. Huzzah! 



I seem to be on an owl roll today. Apparently a Santa hat and
an owl are just appealing to me today. 



I will have to take some time later this week and get some DVD's ordered for DH. Even though we tell each other that we don't want any more DVD's, they are really one of the few things that we really enjoy and I get the more unusual ones - continuing our collection of "Midsomer Murders", "Endeavour", and other British shows that we love. 



For my friends who love cats, I found this
little gem of a card. I guarantee the cats
I've shared my life with in the past wouldn't
tolerate the Santa hat, although getting into
the lights and the stockings wouldn't
have been beyond them. 



I'm also going to take a close look at what I can afford to give as donations this year. I always try to send donations to "The Trevor Project" (https://www.thetrevorproject.org/#sm.00wwsro5145zeht11gh24q1ryxorx) for LGBTQ youth, and often other more directed charities that help specific groups of people desperately in need. This year I have several on my short list and need to narrow them down to a total of four charities. It's hard to do. I've always believed that money should be spent helping others, but there are so many hands outstretched and funds are limited. Still, I do what I can, when I can. 



I'm seriously loving this card from the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The
decorated reindeer horns are so classic and beautiful, and Santa
isn't the ridiculous 'bowl full of jelly' as too often portrayed. 



So, since this is a Monday and I have to drive to the farther YMCA to swim before my Chiropractic appointment, I'll wrap this up. It's December, and Solstice is in a few weeks. How are you doing on your holiday decorating, cooking, and gifting? Haven't started? You'd probably better get going! LOL. Have an excellent day! 


No comments: