Thursday, November 16, 2017

Routine Is Back - Yippee!

Thank goodness, I'm back to routine! Yesterday's "vacation" from the pool for the sake of my somewhat annual physical exam was an interruption, but I'm back in the groove today. The test results from my lab work are already back - all within normal ranges. I'm slightly concerned about my cholesterol levels and will work on getting those lower, but no real problems with anything. They were able to slot me into a quick mammogram too, so mission accomplished. All good! I guess it was worth sacrificing my morning swim - LOL. 


When my Dad got his PhD, he used "Doctor" as his title instead of
Mister. It's the way he was brought up in Europe - the way the term
was used there. It did get them into some places faster because
the front desk people assumed that "Doctor" was M.D., not PhD. 



Tonight is the final episode of Season 16 of Project Runway. I'm not exactly sure of how I'll present it, but right now I'm looking at Friday's post being a summary leading up to the Runway, and Saturday being the judges synopsis. If there are spoilers for Friday, I'll make sure to put it into my title and below the cut for those who might catch the episode on-demand or download it later on. 


I love using embossing powders in my work. I've used them for years
in every holiday card. This year's card is no exception. 



I spent several hours working on my holiday cards yesterday afternoon while doing laundry. They're coming along well now. I was concerned, there are some tricky things I'm trying to do, but success seems to be mine, (at least for the time being). I'll be ratcheting these up quickly - my Sundays disappear after this coming Sunday because we're open on Sundays at the shop from Thanksgiving until Christmas. My five-day work weeks will become six days and I growl a lot. Still, if the Sunday is slow I usually kick back and do computer work or some such thing. 


DH has been excited for his Thanksgiving turkey for almost a month. He
loves getting his annual bird and pigging out on it. I don't mine it because
it basically cooks itself. It's not a lot of work and it makes him very happy. 



I'll do a final call-out for holiday cards next week when I'm looking forward to my Thanksgiving turkey. DH will be buying our bird over the next day or two, along with all of the fixings he wants to get. I let him plan the menu - he'll be eating the majority of the food after all. I'm happy to cook turkey, it's a meal that really cooks itself. Except for popping up to baste the turkey regularly (I like a very moist bird, with a golden brown skin), once it's in the oven, I can relax for hours while it makes my house smell SO GOOD. 





Finally, an acquaintance of mine posted this video of the making of a Hina Doll. These Japanese dolls have a fascinating history and are collected extensively around the world. Since my friend Aearwen has a small collection of Japanese dolls, I thought she might be interested, so I'm sharing with all of you because she reads my blog and will catch this. Hope you find it interesting. 

Have a great Thursday, don't forget that Project Runway's final show for Season 16 is on tonight, and I'll be back tomorrow. Yippee! 


No comments: