Monday, November 6, 2017

Life Is Returning To Normal - Or Not!

Did you enjoy your extra hour of sleep? Of course, this only applies if you live in the USA, since our Daylight Saving Time ended at 2:00 am on Sunday. I tried to sleep that extra hour, but my body didn't cooperate. Football in the afternoon coupled with some chocolate overdosing from leftover Halloween chocolate did the trick, though, and I caught a nap in early afternoon. It was needed. I have a six-day work week ahead of my while my sales associate takes a week of "stay-cation".





Have you ever worked in a phone bank? They can be big or small and
concentrated around fund raising, polls, or even phone sex. I've worked
in phone banks for fund raising in the past. It wasn't too bad, but I don't
think I want to repeat the experience anytime soon. 



Working with a small staff is both good and bad. It's great if you all get along because it's like working with friends. It's a pain in times like this because when one person is away, everybody has to sacrifice their own days off to cover for them. There are times I wish I worked in an anonymous room with hundreds of other people who wouldn't really care if I was there or not. But then again, having my own business has been a treat most times.


Harvestmath Festival has had some very unexpected benefits. The
amount of XP my characters gained by doing such silly things was
phenomenal. Now to get back to the slog, which will be a lot easier
since each of my girls is a minimum of five levels stronger. 



Today is the final day of Harvestmath Festival on Lord of the Rings. At least, I think it is the final day today. My girls have pulled everything possible out of the Fest this time and the amount of leveling their characters have been able to do has been amazing! Each one of them gained a minimum of five levels, several more than that. They will be smiling until Winter Fest begins and then they will see what they can do with that.


Time to put serious thought into our holiday hours and sales events
scheduling. That email has to be flushed out by the end of this
week so that I can get it send by mid-month. 



I'm also starting to think about Thanksgiving, setting holiday hours and days off, working up and sending out my email to my customers for the sales that I run after Thanksgiving and after Christmas, and generally starting to drive myself a bit crazy. Oh well, it's that time of the year, isn't it?

So have a happy Monday, and if you're writing for NaNo, may your pen and/or keyboard be kind to you this week. Be happy, be productive, and start making those Christmas cookies. I'll be back tomorrow, maybe a bit less rested and a bit more focused.


No comments: