Monday, October 23, 2017

Fall In Photos

I promised that I would present some photos of our fabulous fall, and yesterday was an amazing day. After the Minnesota Mineral Club show which was remarkably crowded, the sky cleared up, the sun came out, and I took some extra time to drive around my general neighborhood and take photos of fall color. I did a quick cull this morning and have photos to share with you. 



A look down one of my neighborhood's side streets shows the beauty of
gold, orange and darkened green that comes with this time of the year. 





The different scarlet colors of the tree and the ornamental bushes below
really caught my eye. We've had a mild fall so far, so the grass
is still green, although it will turn soon. 



Looking up, here is a small cove of trees on some vacant
property around power lines. Again, the mix of
colors really appealed to me. 



In the right light, the underside of the leaves sparkle with
silver against the brilliant gold of their tops. It's an
extraordinary sight as you drive past. It gleams.  



This house has some vivid color directly outside their
front door. Those orange leaves are so beautiful! 



A bit farther along, I saw this wonderfully rich grouping of colors - the
one orange that's almost salmon or coral framed by the deep scarlet
below and the gold to the left and at the far bottom. I might add this
photo to my screen savers. I really like it. 



Here's a beautifully shaped tree in that darker rich red
that we can get in good years. Leaves like this, although
a lot of work to rake up, still make me happy. 



Even trees in more industrial areas are celebrating the season. This row
of brilliant gold stands in front of a student housing apartment building.
I wouldn't mind coming home after a long day at college to a view like this. 



One of the reasons why I love living here in the Frozen Northlands so much is the fall color. It's extraordinary. I originally grew up with the golden fields of aspen trees in Colorado. They are stunning! But now I add in the scarlet colors that we get from our maples and sumacs, and I think we have the best of all worlds; the golden oaks, the scarlet maples, and everything in between. Fall in the north country is a riotous celebration of the end of the season - something to look back on when winter's greys have hit. 

Here's hoping you enjoyed my beautiful Sunday as much as I enjoyed sharing it with you. Have a wonderful Monday and I'll be back tomorrow. 





No comments: