Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Day Off With Random Thoughts

Today is my day off and I brought a bag of things home from the shop so that I can get some work done on my holiday cards. Crazy! My time at the shop has been so limited and I don't like working on my cards during the work day because of interruptions, so the bag is sitting on the table next to me telling me to "Make it work" today. Hopefully I can get some serious work done because the clock is ticking and I still have a LOT of work to do on this year's offering. 





I'm really NOT in a mood for winter. We usually don't get hit
with too much of the snow until after Christmas, but today I'm
just "blech" about the whole idea of winter. I wish my autumn
could stay and keep me company for the next five-six months instead! 


Today I'm a bit cranky and out of sorts, though. No real reason, just the seasonal change starting to hit me. I feel as though it's going to be a LONG winter. *sigh* That's far from a surprise, I do live in the Frozen Northlands after all, but winter, although beautiful, is my least favorite season of the year. Winter means getting up earlier, making sure that I have time to shovel my way out of the garage into the street for my daily swim, and of course, bundling up in coats, sweaters, boots and hats for the daily trips to the gym and work. I'm getting closer and closer to retirement age, and let me tell you - I can hardly wait! 



Mychael Knight, April 11, 2978/October 17, 2017.
RIP



For my Project Runway fans, I heard that Mychael Knight, a Season 3 (2006) finalist and the winner of the Fan Favorite Award, died yesterday morning in Atlanta, Georgia. He was 39 years old. Mychael had spent his last five years fighting IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), an incurable disease. This year the disease escalated, leaving him nutritionally challenged and with perforated intestines. He had recently shown his 2017 collection during Fashion Week. Over his career Mychael designed custom t-shirts for Starbucks, a unisex fragrance, and had dressed many stars of BET. 


I often feel like this as I design and work on my
holiday cards. It's always a work in progress - I don't
start out with a concrete plan. I test, try things, and
do templates. A lot of tests never again see the
light of day and I never know what will
inspire the end design. 



On that note, I've got to get going. I hope all of you have a wonderful Wednesday. I'm looking forward to catching up with Aearwen for our weekly chat. Circumstances caused a cancellation last week, so we'll have a lot to talk about. Be good, do an unexpected kindness today, and I'll be back tomorrow. 


No comments: