Thursday, March 16, 2017

Falling Behind, But Trying to Catch Up

I'm apologizing in advance because time, always a fickle goddess, is certainly NOT on my side today. I was hoping to spend today finishing up my latest story and catching up with everyone's posts and stories from yesterday (and there were so many!). But apparently the rest of the world also decided to keep me busy, and I have two very large mail orders, one of them an international order, that will be keeping me away from my laptop today. I'm going to try and catch up with reviews and comments as soon as I can, but I'm just warning you - today I'm falling behind.


I'm falling behind, and that's a problem because catching up
is much harder to do than just keeping up. 


Yesterday was also a day when I didn't have any chance to log into Live Journal, or even do any writing. But, after several hours organizing my bills and paperwork for next week's income tax appointment, I am ready to face my accountant. The floor of my computer room was covered by invoices, though, and it was a mess. I think next year will be better, but I'm not sure if that's saying a lot - LOL.


I love the art by Drake Brodahl. He has a whimsical
style that just makes me smile. Want to see
more of his work? Here's a link. 


I did have a chance to have a nice chat with Aearwen yesterday afternoon - our usual Wednesday afternoon exchange. We've been talking every week (with some misses because of schedules or vacations) for - I'm thinking ... at least two years now. Quite possibly much longer than that. It's always a delight to hear what she's up to and we can never tell where our conversations will lead. Friends - they are quite amazing and wonderful.


This lovely piece is called "Croc-in-a-Pot", a play on the
crock pots used in so many kitchens. Yeah, I really enjoy
this art - lighthearted and so very fun. 


So that's a quick post for today. I promise I'll read, look, comment and catch up as soon as I possibly can. Have a great Thursday, and don't forget that tomorrow is St Patrick's Day, so get your green ready to wear.


No comments: