Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Random Thoughts - Diving and Lake Superior in the Fall

A friend posted this yesterday, but I didn't get to see it until this morning. It put me in a happy place for a couple of minutes this morning, so I'm passing it along to all of you because you too deserve to be in a happy place for a short time today. Here's Tom Daley and Greg Louganis synchro diving on platform and springboard. Way too fun to watch these two together.




My swimming partner, Rosemary, will be up at the North Shore for the rest of the week, enjoying the autumn leaves and some great food at Grand Marais at a restaurant named "The Angry Trout". The town itself is located on the shore of Lake Superior, the largest of the USA's Great Lakes. Here's a photo of the shoreline, and yes, I think that is a lighthouse in the distance. It's nothing like those on the East Coast, but it's a lighthouse nonetheless.


Grand Marais, a town of 1300 people, is located on the rocky
shores of Lake Superior, about three hours north of
Minneapolis. It's a beautiful area of the country at this
time of the year, but I'd want to be anywhere else
in the winter. Too cold, with way too much snow. 


Today is my "day off" and I'll be buying the things I forgot to get last week like deodorant and fabric softener crystals. I had a list last week, but some items just didn't quite make it onto my list. Oops. Time to make up for that now. Then onward to laundry and some serious house cleaning. It's autumn and I have to change the floor protection in my car from the summer carpets to the winter heavy weather protection mats. DH got a lot done on the castle walls yesterday too, so I'll try to get out during the day and take a few pics to share with you in tomorrow's post.


Here's a lovely picture from LakeSuperior.com. In a good year, we'll
get lots of golds and reds in our changing trees, on one that's not as good,
it'll be mostly olive green, which is also quite beautiful. 


For today, be happy. Do something you love for at least part of the day - you deserve it. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments: