Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Thoughts of Laundry

I have no day off this week and that's a problem. Usually on Wednesday I can do my weekly grocery shopping and 2-3 loads of laundry. I desperately need to do laundry - I'm looking at a hamper full of clothes and some serious needs for the upcoming few days. I'll need to figure out how to envelope a load in here and there, and that's always hard to do when I have about two hours to sandwich it in on an average night.


Unfortunately this sign rings true today. If I don't get a load of
laundry done, I'll be out of underwear before the end of the week! 


Additionally, kitty care is putting a serious dent into my morning schedule, so I'm WAY behind on catching up with friends on LJ. I also can't seem to stop sneezing. ARGH! I can't wait for Chickie to return next week. She'll be totally useless when she gets back into the shop on Wednesday, but she'd better be on the ball quickly because I won't be there. I'll be taking a very well deserved day off after working for 12 of the past 14 days by the time she returns.


Enjoy this revised guide to laundry symbols. I think the
next to the last one is highly appropriate to my life. 


We're under flash flood warnings this afternoon, so that could throw another curve into our day. All in all, this is a day I'd much rather sleep through, but no choice. I need to go to work, same as always. I'll try to get a few kitty pics today for all of you. They're pretty busy running here and there when I'm tending to them in the mornings, but sometimes they stop for a quick moment.


OMG! They were PINK! The washer would cost up to $269.95, the
dryer would cost up to $254.95, and they could be paid for with as little
as $10/week. They were also available in Sage Green, Sunshine Yellow
and, of course, White. Unfortunately I don't have a year for this ad,
but it was in an issue of the Sears & Roebuck catalog. 


Have a glorious Wednesday, all. I'm going to do my best to catch up with your posts and toss some commentary your way, but no guarantees. The best laid plans, yadda ... yadda. Tomorrow is the Autumnal Equinox (Mabon), so try to enjoy your final day of Summer. Our leaves are already starting to turn glorious colors, and as they say ... "Winter Is Coming"!


No comments: