Wednesday, January 27, 2016

All For 80 Cents

My business website and my computers haven't been talking to each other for almost two years now. The host did an upgrade that has locked me out for product and pricing updates and it's been more than frustrating. But redoing my website from scratch also seems unfeasible - I have thousands of products on the site, each pictured and coded for sale. But, getting back to my story, my updates are stacked to the moon, and no, the prices aren't up-to-date. But that hasn't seemed to matter to the customers ordering from me - until yesterday.


Dark Sapphire is a unique color, never available in large quantity,
and almost completely unavailable nationwide. I'm sold
out of the 3mm and 4mm sizes and get asked for them regularly. 


Among the items I have on the website are Swarovski crystal beads in numerous colors and sizes. The price has changed, yes, it's gone up from $2.75 to $2.95 per package, but I do have a disclaimer that prices are subject to change at any time at the bottom of each page of the website. My customer ordered two packs each of two different colors, so her order was increased by a total of 80 cents. She was lucky to get one of the colors at all - it's no longer made, very rare, and I'm totally sold out of the two smaller sizes and get asked for them at least once a month. But ...


I order on-line all the time and sometimes there are price differences.
for a major difference, I would have raised a complaint too. But
for a 20 cent difference? It seems a bit over the top. 


She sent me a rather snitty e-mail demanding that I honor the website price (not going to happen) or cancel her order. I'm cancelling her order. I'll live without her under $12 order and sell the beads to someone else who won't have a snit over 80 cents. I mean really - 80 CENTS???? You could probably find that in your couch cushions or thrown into your car. But I'll cancel the order, get a refund on the postage from the Post Office, and go on with my life. She, on the other hand, will have difficulty finding that color available anywhere else. I wonder it she'll give up and try ordering from me again, or just change the color palette for her project instead.


I have one of these - bought it at the Bead & Button Show last
year. We finally got the base changed out on it and it's ready to go.
I want to play with my wheels! 


Today is my day off. I'm hoping to get some stone work done amidst the laundry. I also have to get some income tax paperwork completed and finish the final read-through of my SV story so that I can get that posted within a day. It's going to be a busy day, and I'm so ramped up to get going on it, I awakened at 2:50 am just psyched to get my day going. Since my alarm would have gone off within less than 30 minutes, I went ahead and started my day. One step ahead. I'm hoping that continues throughout the day and that I actually accomplish some stuff today. What a concept!

Happy Wednesday to all!


No comments: