Friday, December 18, 2015

Schedules Become Important Now

It's the 18th of December. Solstice is on Tuesday, Christmas is on Friday, and Chanukah ended a few days ago on the night of the 14th. It's a very busy tine of the year. Are you ready for your chosen festivities?


I really liked this simple tree featuring symbols of
many cultures at this festive time of year. 


Because of Christmas falling on a Friday, we're actually taking Friday, Saturday and Sunday off from work - the first three-day-off holiday we've had in years. We repeating the experience the week after, closing for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of January. I'll get all fat and lazy with six days off in a two-week span. Bring it on!


I think I'd better check the holiday schedule for the YMCA.
Three days off for each of two weeks might leave me
looking like this by the time I return to a regular work schedule! 


My calendar is peppered with food dates. Turkey, standing rib roast and spiral-cut honey-baked ham are all written down so that our holiday meals are scheduled. Between all of the eating, I'll have to make some time to get to the gym. I can't allow myself to fall back into bad habits. After all, I'm finally down to reasonable clothing sizes and I've given away most of the clothes I used to wear in their larger sizes. Obviously I'm being quite optimistic that I will be able to continue on my losing ways and exercise.


Well, this stocking stuffer won't happen - I have new
carpeting and don't really want shed hair and
'accidents' peppering my new cushy carpet. But
the pic was just too cute to not share with you. 


I still need to buy stocking stuffers for DH, and I'll be starting a major house clean and organize project as soon as all of the shelving is complete. I think he got the last shelf installed last night, and he's been cleaning as he goes, so that just leaves my mess to conquer. I'm pushing to get my house back and it might just happen by the end of 2016. I still have a long road ahead, but there is distinct progress.


Reading through the gift and stocking stuffer ideas for
men, I shook my head. DH wouldn't like any of them.
*sigh* I guess it's time to hit up the Dollar Store and
see if they have anything fun. 


Off to the gym, the water calls. Have a great Friday and may all of your shopping be productive.


No comments: