Friday, August 7, 2015

Hodge Podge

First of all, let me say a large THANK YOU to my friends who sent SWG 10th Anniversary Cards to me. I'm thrilled and honored that you took the time to do so, and thank each of you (you know who you are).


Thanks to everyone who took the time to send me an SWG card. They
were beautiful and touched my heart. 


"Project Runway" is back, the premiere episode of Season 14 was last night. It's really lovely to have a show that I have enjoyed for years back on air. Now to set my phone calendar to remind me every week. It's just as well that the finale of "Forged in Fire" is Monday. I could use one less weekly show in my schedule. (And no, we don't record shows to watch later - it's just not our thing.)


Meet the cast of Season 14's "Project Runway". Already we have one
winner and one person was sent packing. AND Tim Gunn lost his
temper in the workroom! What a fun start to Season 14. 


I loved the various comments about yesterday's post on cartoons. Your memories sparked more of my own and reminded me about how much I really love animated characters. Of course, I watched "Minions" last month, but now "Shaun the Sheep" has been released and it looks quite promising. Even though it's not an animated feature in the classic sense, the reviews are sterling! Unfortunately, time is probably not on my side. I have too much to do before I can take an evening out for a movie night. But this is one I'd probably see with Chickie and she's still coughing like a fog horn. *sigh* Maybe in September?


Of course, "Shaun the Sheep" isn't animation as much as stop-action
filming, but it still looks like it would be a lot of fun. 


It's been a very busy week, and of course I still have to work today and Saturday, but I'm one step closer to the weekend, and so are you. We had thunderous pouring rain last night, so DH will be up cleaning out the gutters today. Crossing my fingers that he's careful and doesn't fall or slip. Usually he's just dealing with the front and side, and those are relatively low. He also mentioned that he had to do the back and that's tall, and much more difficult. BUT ... (and it's a miracle) ... he finally made a decision on the wall papers, so I'll get those ordered next week and schedule Mike to come out for the install in late September or October.



Although we don't have a steep roof, cleaning the back gutters still requires some
acrobatics. And since it is two stories up, falling could be serious. 


So happy Friday to all. I'll be doing exciting things like sending a pair of shoes back to Zappos for the next size up and shipping a mail order out to a customer. Whoot! Here's a teaser - the concrete work in front of the shop is almost complete. I'll have pictures for you tomorrow.


No comments: