Thursday, January 15, 2015

Two Steps Forward, Waiting for the One Step Back

Life is a stutter step. It's really nice when we're talented enough to make Fred Astair out of a pratfall, but really? Let's be honest. The pratfall is more common. We tend, as a species, to fall on our face more often than move with the dynamic and turn a fall into a beautiful arabesque. Yesterday was an arabesque and I was rather astounded by the end of the day.


I do love watching Fred Astaire movies. He was so amazing
on the dance floor. 


It's not like everything was fabulous. I still made a really poor food choice for lunch, but it was very enjoyable to eat. So even though I won't be repeating that choice in the near future, I at least enjoyed it while I ate it. But to recap the high points (and a few of the low)...


I had a Chicken Stir Fried Pita with Teriyaki sauce at Bakers Square
for lunch. It was delicious (although too much food).  


Drowning Guppy Day was actually quite successful in spite of getting to the gym later than planned due to a small overnight snowfall requiring me to quickly (quick is a relative term) shovel the double-wide long driveway before I left home. But arriving at the gym, I quickly joined other guppies and a few sleek barracudas for laps. I used my boogie board, but I also actually swam quite a few laps too, and I worked it for 45 minutes, so I was happy.


The pool was crowded yesterday. Usually I try to be in a lane with swimmers
of a similar caliber, but this time I ended up paired with a very competent
lap swimmer. She was quite inspirational to watch. 


I got things ready at the shop and took off to continue my day. I was sorely tempted to have breakfast, but decided to have lunch instead. Of course I had to shovel the front of the store and also the walks at the small house. I didn't want DH doing shoveling when he was so sick, I knew it would take all he had just to be at the shop for the day. I had a phone conversation scheduled for 9:00 am, handled that, and picked up a few things at the office supply store. Returning home I shoveled the show plow detritus from the street end of the driveway and going into the house, started my first load of laundry.


Nothing too fancy in what I bought, just basic suits
for swimming laps. I didn't want high-cuts or bikinis. Hell,
I'd probably wear an old-fashioned 1920's swim suit if it
was easy on, easy off. 


I decided to treat myself to a better swimsuit - one more suited to swimming laps - and searched for a good on-line source. After a little bit, I found SwimOutlet.com and went shopping. Two suits, a striped beach towel and a pair of flip flops later, my order was placed. I should have them by the end of the week. It'll be nice not to have to fight my suit as I'm trying to build up my endurance.


He can't sleep because he's coughing, he can't manage to cough
anything up either, and changing his elevation hasn't seemed very
successful either. Maybe he'll go to the clinic. It would be one
step in the right direction. 


DH finally got home and he's been trying to sleep with relative success. He just can't stop coughing. I suggested he try dropping by the "Minute Clinic" at Target and seeing if they can give him a prescription. I doubt he'll go - suffering is his thing - but it sure couldn't hurt. At this point he desperately needs some sleep and he just isn't getting any. He's exhausted. If he still feels this way tomorrow, I'll probably have to cancel our night out with our friends on Saturday. Oh well - at least Aearwen and I finally got a full, real chat in yesterday pm. That was something that didn't happen for almost a month! So things can settle down, it's possible...happy Thursday!

No comments: