Saturday, January 17, 2015

I Need Heat and Beauty - A Photo Blog for the Weekend

I'm still sick, although I'm keeping the worst of it at bay. DH finally went to the doctor, got a prescription, and with luck will feel better after the weekend. His blood pressure was SUPER HIGH so he set up an appointment with his primary care physician (something that I don't have, but at least he does), and he'll see him by the end of the month. 197/117 is nothing to sneeze at, blood pressure that high is very concerning! But we'll go out to dinner with our friends tonight since we've been assured that we're not contagious and tomorrow we can sleep in, or at least I will. I desperately need some sleep. So here are warm and pretty photographs because today I wish I was somewhere warm, on a beach, and lazing off under the sun....


Let's start with this lovely vacation place. This is in The Maldives. I could
see it - a lovely bungalow on the sea, a warm beach nearby. Oh yeah! 



This lovely location is in Thailand. I have acquaintances who live in
Thailand, so visiting might be fun. I love the beautiful architecture here.  



I've never been to Hawaii, although I know a lot of people who have
visited and fallen in love with the islands. It would be pleasant to
spend some time there some day. 



Iceland in a photo blog about warm? Yes. These are the hot springs in
Iceland Blue Lagura. These man-made ponds are heated by
volcanic activity.  Even in deepest winter, these waters are warm. 



This beautiful Mediterranean location is Cinque Terre, Italy. Well-known and
highly photographed because of its multi-colored terraced houses, it would
be a wonderful place to spend some time during a cold winter. 



I've never been diving, but dream big, right? How about scuba diving at
Australia's Great Barrier Reef? It's a fabulously beautiful area of every-changing
scenery. Just keep an eye out for sharks.  



And finally, for those of us stuck in the cold and snow, here's a ski mask to make you smile. Just for something different while you're going down a snowy hill...


Who could go wrong wearing a Cthulu ski mask? I fell in love with this
the moment I saw it. 

Have a wonderful, warm and rather zany weekend. I'll be back on Monday.


No comments: