Saturday, December 6, 2014

Photo Blog - Vintage Christmas Cards

I'm lazy today. I have plenty of time to write a longer post, but I'm seriously lazy. So today I'm continuing the exploration of vintage holiday photos and concentrating on vintage Christmas cards. Speaking of which - have you PM'd or emailed me your address for your holiday card yet? You can do so now or if you 'reply' to Monday December 1st's post your comment will be hidden. So - Christmas cards. Here we go...



Starting out with this lovely old-style Santa Claus and several
children who are seriously under-dressed for a snow-filled
landscape. Brrrrrr.......



I love these stylish shoppers in their silk hosiery, their
pointed-toe shoes and their fur-collared coats. They're
so very put together and ready for the season. 



I love this sleeping child with his dog. I think the drum in
the background is a holiday gift, but what is the black thing
behind him? I looked at the pic in several resolutions and
it remains a mystery to me. 



I love this unusual Santa in a really strange car. The perspective
on this is so messed up. Santa should only be able to more the
car in a circle. The artist seemed determined to show the unusual
front of the car and some of the decoration of the
back. Half-moon automobile, anyone? 



I found this really strange card on a website called
"9 Delightfully Bizarre Christmas Cards". Really! For those
who don't speak French, the words list Peace, Joy, Health
and Happiness. 

So there you have it - some holiday cards of older days to brighten your day and your holiday season. Remember - if you want one of my handmade cards, please PM me or email me or respond to Monday's post for a hidden response. I can't send one to you without your address....

Have a wonderful weekend. I'll be working - of course. ...


No comments: