Friday, July 11, 2014

We Have Air! and Two Stunning Pictures

The new A/C is working! Yesterday it was actually so cold that I put a sweater on. I think I have the temperature set at an appropriate level now and we finally turned it off overnight, the way we prefer to handle our cooling. I'm overjoyed!


I'm celebrating the return of cool air and comfortable shopping
for my customers. Just call me happy!


Yesterday's stage of Le Tour de France was an opportunity for the boys to recover from the cobblestones of Stage 5. There weren't a lot of upsets, accidents, and shifts, and everybody ended up with their placements essentially unchanged, despite the two cat 4 climbs. Today is Stage 7. Here's the profile map.


Stage 7 is what is called a "hilly" stage. There are two Cat 4
climbs at the end, but basically it's an up and down kind
of a day for the riders. 


As you can see, it's a roller coaster kind of day - up and down and up again. Barring unforeseen accidents and unknown weather, this should be another day with some lovely performances, but probably not much change in the overall standings.


I was looking for cloud pictures and got mesmerized by this
shot. The colors, the life in the clouds and that stark black
foreground - really stunning. I just had to share it. 


I'm in the mood for beauty today, so I'm sharing two wonderful shots of night glowing clouds with you today. You can read more about these amazing clouds that exist far above the earth, higher than any other clouds, in the National Geographic article. Just follow the link.



Here's one more night glow clouds shot, this time a different
photographer, but once again a stunning scene. I love the splash
of color at the horizon framed by the silver glow of these amazing clouds. 


So, that's it for today. It's disjointed, but there's a little bit of this and a little bit of that to wrap up Day 5 of my six day work stretch. One more day after this before I can sleep in for a morning. I can hardly wait! Have a wonderful Friday.


No comments: