Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Yippie! Oy! and Yawn!

It's my day off - yippee! I'm really looking forward to having the time to take for myself, but I also have errands to do and places to go. My car is dripping oil since I hit a large pot hole in the road a couple of weeks ago, so I need to set up an appointment to get it looked at. But...not today.


Wal-Mart opens down the street from my home at 6:00 am this morning. 


Oy! My local Wal-Mart is opening a new store down the road from us. My DH is very excited about it, but I'm not really a Wally World fan so I can take or leave it. It opens in less than an hour and I think I'll skip going there. I'll leave it up to my DH to visit and tell me how wonderful it all is *sigh*.


I like the series, but can't watch it in long sessions. DH, on the other hand,
would happily watch hours at a time. There's a lot of violence in it, but I
read all of the books and at least know what is coming. 


He bought the set of Game of Thrones Season 3 DVD's last week, but there is an error in disk 6 and it stops the DVD player at that point. We tried it on two different players and had the problem at the same place on both of them. So I'll be off to Target today to exchange it for a different set. While I'm there, I'll pick up a copy of The Hobbit DOS while I'm there (and hopefully remember the other items I have on my shopping list).


He can watch his Game of Thrones, I'l watch The Hobbit - The
Desolation of Smaug. We'll both be happy. 


Yawn - it's always a late night on Tuesdays with both "Face-Off" and "Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge" shows. I'm dragging a bit today, so I'm grateful that I don't have an armload of errands to do. I need to get to the bank, my local restaurant is offering a great text bargain which expires tomorrow so that will be breakfast, and I'm tempted to drive out and take a close look at the Mazda I'm thinking about buying. I have to go to Target (see above) and I have chapters to beta and stories to write. This afternoon I'll be grocery shopping and finally I'll be chatting with Aearwen.


This has been a great show so far. It's only their first season, but it's
based on a Face-off style and it's working well. I like it, even though I
have a totally exhausted Wednesday because I only get five hours of
sleep after watching it. 


I'm absolutely sure that my time will be quite filled, so I'm going to end this here and get my trash and recycling together for today's pick-up. It's going to be 70 F in the Cities today so I'm really looking forward to some warm temps for a change. Have a great Wednesday!

No comments: