Friday, February 7, 2014

Success on Two Fronts

First ... we have water! The water dude called me at 7:15 am Thursday asking if someone could be at the house in an hour. "Absolutely!" I replied, and promptly awakened DH to get dressed and over there. Of course that meant I had to go to work, even though I was sick and felt totally horrid. But we needed the water and I could tough it out.


This magic faucet fountain is in Spain, but there are several of them
throughout the world.


So DH left to meet the water guys and I snuggled back to sleep until 8:00 am when I got motivated, left the house, did the banking and arrived at the shop. I ended up working, somewhat, until 11:30 am when DH walked through the door, his arms raised in triumph. He worked for me, I went home and I slept.


VICTORY OVER WATER! I'm pretty chuffed about it - LOL.


I finally allowed myself to eat some soup and crackers for dinner and managed to survive that, so I guess I'm over this bug. But it was pretty miserable for a while there. I lost eight pounds in a day - crazy, yes? I don't recommend the method, but I don't mind the loss. I'll continue to be really careful about what I eat for a while now. I really don't want a repeat performance.


I don't have a mug this snazzy, but isn't it cute? I love the whole idea
of having your crackers right next to your soup. 


The water department told DH to leave the faucet in the laundry tub open to a flow of 3-4 gallons an hour. That's a lot of water flow. I always knew about trickling water to help stave off freezing, but this larger flow has to remain until the water department tells us to turn it down or off, or until April 1st, whichever comes first. The water guys worked on our pipes for several hours on Monday, almost twelve hours on Tuesday and another three hours on Thursday and we didn't have to pay a thing! I'm very impressed and grateful. It was inconvenient, but it could have been so much worse.


Today's Google Doodle is in honor of the Olympics and
features text below quoted from the Olympic Charter.

"The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing
sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual
understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play."
- Olympic Charter


So today I'm going to try to get back to normal. It's cold, but not unexpected. There's no snow which is totally delightful, and it's a Friday. The opening ceremonies for the Sochi Olympics will be broadcast tonight and last night's two events were very fun to watch. All good. Now if I can just get some work done on my B2MeM story... Have a Fabulous Friday!


No comments: