Saturday, February 1, 2014

I'm Dreaming of a Blue and Orange Weekend

OK, so the words "I'm Dreaming of a Blue and Orange Weekend" don't flow quite as neatly as "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas", but white isn't my team's colors and it's Super Bowl on Sunday. My refrigerator is stuffed, DH went grocery shopping yesterday and bought a bunch of stuff. Every corner holds something else wondrous to munch. We'll have chicken dogs, sloppy joes, cheese and crackers, breakfast bowls of eggwhites and sausage, and nachos. I don't think we'll be starving - LOL. Now I only need my Denver Broncos to be victorious!


No matter who wins, it will be a fun game to watch. But...I bleed Blue and Orange,
so I'm cheering for my Denver Broncos.


I'm into the final edit of a story that I've had a lot of fun with, but another one that had started with such promise will need a shift to really get claws into the premise. Fortunately I have some time for the second one, so I can rework it. I hope to get to that on Sunday at some point of time while watching my team play in the big game.


Doc Martin and Louisa. If you haven't watched the show, I recommend it.
We always end up laughing on our Friday nights because we watch the Doc.


DH and I were watching "Doc Martin" last night. It's one of our favorite British import shows because it's so quirky, yet really loving. Last night Martin and his love, Louisa, were supposed to get married and a question came up which got me thinking, because it's very true. In any relationship between two people, the question is not whether they'll make you happy, rather the question is whether you'll make THEM happy. When you can seriously think about that question and answer it in the affirmative, then you have a good shot at making a successful lifelong relationship.


This is a great spread of Superbowl snacks. I see hot dogs and burgers,
wings and dip, and lots of chips and salsa with a cake for dessert. Yummy!


So as I enter into a weekend of overindulgence and football hope, I hope that all of you make others happy over this beginning of February and beginning of the Year of the Horse. If this past week seemed a bit gloomy or emotionally stressed, try to take a few minutes to think about how that can change and improve over the next week. Just work it one step at a time; what is practice can become habit with time and awareness. Happy Broncos Weekend!


No comments: