Thursday, April 4, 2013

Wednesday Crazy and Diets are Expensive

As many of you know, Wednesdays are my studio days - my days off - my 'time for myself' days. That basically means three to four loads of laundry, errands in the morning, grocery shopping, food prep, and for fun - my hour-long weekly conversation with Aearwen.

I love my weekly talks with Aearwen.

Yesterday was no exception, but the schedule was all akimbo because my city, in its infinite wisdom, has decided to update all of the water meters in the homes to radio-signal types for easier reading and less personnel hours. This required an appointment with a technician carrying a new meter and a very large pipe wrench accessing pipes in a hard-to-access part of my basement while he changed things over. Of course, this appointment was in the early afternoon so I had laundry started at 3:30 am to be sure I didn't get caught in the middle without water while said technician was changing things over.

My tech wasn't this good looking. Mine was rather
young and uninteresting, although friendly. Oh - there
was no hard hat either *sigh*

But - success. The meter has now been changed and the city will have even more control over my life and available funds *sigh*. Of course I was working on a repair at the time he was working and it ended up breaking on the final knot. Nothing like being on my knees with a powerful flashlight trying to find very small beads on my basement floor *le sigh again*.


One of the things I do is grocery shopping on Wednesdays. This is when I get the things that I want to eat. I indulged in a container of mango salsa which led me to chicken breasts on which to put the salsa. Yesterday evening's dinner turned into something wonderful with a beautifully seasoned chicken breast covered with mango salsa, brown and wild rice mixed and a large salad. NOM!

I love produce - fresh veggies and fruit - NOM

Of course, I picked up a lot of grapes, two pounds of strawberries, two pounds of kiwi fruit, a bag of organic navel oranges, lettuce, a bit of cheese...can you say expensive? By the time I swiped my debit card I had racked up more than $70 in groceries and almost all of it was produce. Eating healthy is expensive!

No comments: