Monday, October 22, 2012

And So Begins Another Week

I know...most calendars have the week beginning on Sunday and ending on Saturday. And although I have no problem with the week ending on Saturday, I find it hard to begin the week with my only weekend day off. So my week begins on Monday and ends on my Sundays, rather like looking at an ice cream sundae of multiple flavors for the week's days with the cherry on top being Sunday.


I couldn't resist this knitted ice cream
sundae as my pic for this. Too cute!

My Sunday was nearly perfect. I had a lovely time at the small rock and lapidary show that we go to each year. DH bought a fossilized cave bear tooth which was almost opalized - very pretty, and I fell in love with Stibnite crystals. I really wanted a wand of crystals that one vendor had, but they wanted $28 and I just couldn't justify that cost. I found a smaller piece at another vendor for under $10 and went with that instead.


Stibnite has a reflective grey color, very
metallic in appearance but brighter than
hematite.

Stibnite is a lead-based crystal found in China and Japan as well as other places, and works for personal power and wealth, operates on the base chakra and under Scorpio and Capricorn. It aids in changing conditions of work and personal relationships and can be transformative and protective. In some ways it reminds me of the mole in animal lore, that which allows for honest introspection and examination. All I know for sure is that it is quite beautiful and I felt I needed to have a piece of it. I guess I'll find out why I was drawn to it at some point.


Amethyst crystals are so common, but
so beautiful. I love their deep
purple coloring.

I also picked up a small array of amethyst crystals for my 2013 beading project. It is starting to come together in my head, even though it will be months before I can begin getting my designs down and determine my methodology and end results. I LOVE thinking about my future projects - so much fun!


Raking the leaves is hard work, but when
it is done it is such a feeling of
accomplishment.

After the rock show, I dropped DH off at home but it was a beautiful day and I had energy. So I put the rake into the car and went over to the other house to rake the leaves. That took almost two hours of hard work, but it's done now and I'm quite happy that I did some serious labor for a change. I think I'll treat myself to a new pair of gardening gloves this spring. Mine are looking pretty ragged by now - holes throughout and the thumbs almost falling off.

No comments: