Monday, November 1, 2010

Holidays and Moods

Today marks the official beginning of our Holiday Season at work.  It is a season that I truly hate because I work six-day weeks until Christmas, but I have to do whatever I can because we need whatever income we can generate throughout these weeks.  I'll be sending an Email to my customers within a day or two telling them about new products and our holiday hours, and I need to do a Holiday Hours sign today for my windows and door.  We'll decorate the store before Thanksgiving, and we'll have Christmas Carols on the radio after Thanksgiving.  The CD player part of the stereo has been broken for a couple of years, so we're stuck with the radio.  But there are a couple of stations that play a decent selection of traditional and non-traditional carols. 

 Elegant Holiday decorations

Last night was Halloween.  We live very close to a college and usually do get some college students coming by for trick-or-treat.  I really enjoy having the college kids - it's almost all women.  Last night we got 10 women and one man, not as many as last year when we had more than 20 kids.  It was fun though and I always love giving out the candy.  We pace ourselves with the leftover candy - between one and three pieces on an average night each.  We have lots of leftovers this time, and I find that I don't mind that little bit of sweetness and chocolate as a top-off to my evening.  So extra left-overs are OK.  Otherwise I would bring some to the shop and give them to customers. 

Sunrise - the colors always give me hope for each day

I'm feeling a bit depressed today.  I'm sure I'll get over it, but it's just the way that it is.  I'm usually a very positive person - I work hard at that.  I don't want to dive back into the depths of depression that I had many years ago - NOT a fun experience.  I'll feel better once I see the sunrise and feel the joy that greeting the sun always brings to me. 

No comments: