Saturday, October 2, 2010

Ticking Down

Busy working on the Chickie's birthday party.  I went and met with the General Manager of Osaka, the restaurant at which I want to hold the party, on Wednesday.  I got a tour and ended up booking the night for eleven of us.  I also sent out reminder Emails to those who had not responded so that I could either add them or tell them about the procedure to send me a card for her.  Now I'm just thinking about decorations and the logistics.  I'll have to go back at least once to measure the chairs and see if I can craft a quick tombstone (or two or three) for chair decoration.  I'm operating on a short budget, so it's important that I get this together. 
Temps will be in the 30's (F) on Sunday morning
so I'll be pretty cold until the sun really hits. 

I got the flourishes painted around the hood of my cloak yesterday and will heat-set those this morning before I leave for the shop.  I need to attach the closures and I can get at least one set attached before I open the shop this morning and the other two tonight.  It will be COLD on Sunday morning.  The cloak is wool, but it's light-weight wool.  However, it will be some help against the cold.  I think I will probably add beads to it at some point, but I know I have no time to do so before Sunday.  My time is too compressed. 

King Crab legs - yummy!  I'll have a nice
anniversary (several weeks late) after all!

We went to the grocer last night and picked up their latest flyer.  They are having a BOGO (buy one and get one free) on large king crab legs.  These things are HUGE and with this offer are selling for approx $11/pound.  DH owes me an anniversary dinner so we decided that he will buy crab for our dinner tonight and I will do Italian on Monday night instead of my usual Saturday.  I'm looking forward to it already.  DH always laughs at me when I eat crab.  I take FOREVER to eat it, but I enjoy it SO much.  I hope I'm busy at the shop today so I don't think of my crab dinner ALL day. 

No comments: