Saturday, September 25, 2010

Time is Running Together

It's Saturday, the last day of my six-day week.  I'm exhausted.  But I'm also excited.  My new equipment arrived yesterday and I can't wait to play with it.  I think that the possibilities of this are myriad.and I'll try and get some play time with it next week.  I think I'll keep it at the shop for a while since it can work off any computer.  Basically, it's like a printer, but it cuts things out instead of printing them onto paper.  I remember when this type of machins was first invented many years ago.  That was around the same time as the first scanners were invented.  I was amazed by the technology and wanted to find out more about it.  The fact that I could buy a machine to do this for under $200 is phenomenal.  What fun! 

This was the winner of the Long Bow competition
a couple of weeks ago at the Fest.  He did
a solid bulls eye from 55 yards using a
long bow, not a recurve bow.  VERY
IMPRESSIVE!

Today should be the last day of our soggy weather.  We've had some serious rain south of us, though.  That means that Ren Faire will be fairly soaked - a mud fest in some areas.  That also means that some of the roads out there might be closed because of high water, so I need to check out the DOT website for current road closures before I drive out there.  The weather tomorrow should be steller, however, sunshine and upper 60's (F).  I am looking forward to my day off tomorrow, I think I need a day without customers and their needs :-)

No comments: